Packers Re-sign Davante Adams

Packerraymond

3 hours ago, persiandud said:

31M is too much guaranteed money for a high end WR2. Would have preferred letting him walk and get huge money with SF or some other team and signed Allen Robinson or Sammy Watkins for cheaper.  

What makes you think Robinson or Watkins are likely to sign a contract with GB that is significantly cheaper than the contract Adams signed?

On 1/3/2018 at 3:42 PM, vegas492 said:

He's gotta be the third down back, right?  I think they have a pretty good 1-2 punch in Jones and Williams.  Flip Monty out there on passing downs and that's a nice stable of running backs.

The problem is that MM generally likes to keep the same personnel on the field, switching up the looks from down to down.  This keeps the defense from swapping in new personnel, and is a large part of how GB dictates the matchups they want.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:56 AM, persiandud said:

31M is too much guaranteed money for a high end WR2. Would have preferred letting him walk and get huge money with SF or some other team and signed Allen Robinson or Sammy Watkins for cheaper.  

I like Robinson but I don't believe he's the caliber of WR that Adams is and he's coming off a knee injury that will likely take him a season or season and a half to fully recover from.  I wouldn't touch Watkins and his ego with a 50' pole. 

Personally, I'd love it if they showed Cobb the door, moved Jordy to the slot on a restructured deal and signed Robinson to a reasonable deal.  I think our offense is at its best when we have size in the slot.  Robinson, when fully recovered would be a nice replacement on the outside.  Its a pipe dream and will never happen but I'd love to see it. 

9 minutes ago, SSG said:

I like Robinson but I don't believe he's the caliber of WR that Adams is and he's coming off a knee injury that will likely take him a season or season and a half to fully recover from.  I wouldn't touch Watkins and his ego with a 50' pole. Personally, I'd love it if they showed Cobb the door, moved Jordy to the slot on a restructured deal and signed Robinson to a reasonable deal.  I think our offense is at its best when we have size in the slot.  Robinson, when fully recovered would be a nice replacement on the outside.  Its a pipe dream and will never happen but I'd love to see it. 

Welcome SSG :)

Archived