Packers Re-sign Davante Adams

Packerraymond

4 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

This is a bit higher than I expected tbh. I like Davante but that's elite WR money(top 5 in the league). Age is in his favor/teams favor so you'd expect his best production will be the next 3-4 seasons during this contract

this contract is going to look really sweet by year 2. I love it. Davante is a playmaker and that’s what we need here. 

6 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

This is a bit higher than I expected tbh. I like Davante but that's elite WR money(top 5 in the league). Age is in his favor/teams favor so you'd expect his best production will be the next 3-4 seasons during this contract

The OBJ, Mike Evans, Cooks, Diggs and to a lesser extent Funchess and Benjamin FA class next year will reset the whole market. Adams will be just inside the top 10 where he belongs IMO.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

We know the SB is 18m, so that will pro-rate to 4.5m per year. I wonder if any base is guaranteed? 4/58 with 18m guaranteed is great for us IMO.

For some reason I was thinking that any extension had to be completed before a certain week.  Am I mistaken in that?  Like if a deal was signed after Week 10, you couldn't pro-rate it over the previous contract.

Just now, CWood21 said:

For some reason I was thinking that any extension had to be completed before a certain week.  Am I mistaken in that?  Like if a deal was signed after Week 10, you couldn't pro-rate it over the previous contract.

I honestly have no idea what you're referring to. We usually always sign a guy late so I doubt that's the case.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I honestly have no idea what you're referring to. We usually always sign a guy late so I doubt that's the case.

For some reason I was thinking there was a cutoff when you could pro-rate an extension into the previous contract.

29 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

The final nail for one of Cobb/Jordy. Not sure who the team moves on from or if they keep both but one of them takes a paycut(Jordy maybe?)

Jordy retires as player in the NFL, and stays with Packers as the WR coach.  Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We know the SB is 18m, so that will pro-rate to 4.5m per year. I wonder if any base is guaranteed? 4/58 with 18m guaranteed is great for us IMO.

Doing the deal now means they can spread out the SB over 5 yrs. Remember, they had something around $10 million left of cap space this season

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Doing the deal now means they can spread out the SB over 5 yrs. Remember, they had something around $10 million left of cap space this season

That puts the Packers close to their customary $7M they roll over as well.

I firmly believe if all 4 of Rodgers/Adams/Cobb/Nelson are healthy together for 16 games that we arnt arguing over salaries.

We have will be going into next season with three guys capable of 80/1000/10 seasons. 

Nelson was on his way before the injury. So was Adams if he didn’t miss pretty much 4 games to concussion. And Rodgers loves Cobb, that’s a known fact.

2 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

I firmly believe if all 4 of Rodgers/Adams/Cobb/Nelson are healthy together for 16 games that we arnt arguing over salaries.

We have will be going into next season with three guys capable of 80/1000/10 seasons. 

Nelson was on his way before the injury. So was Adams if he didn’t miss pretty much 4 games to concussion. And Rodgers loves Cobb, that’s a known fact.

Unfortunately, given their age I'm not sure it's totally reasonable to count on Nelson and Cobb to be healthy.

Archived