Tampa Bay informs Dirk Koetter he's returning for 2018

Broncofan

The offense is still moving the ball and Jameis has been pretty good since coming back from his shoulder injury. Those are the only reasons I can think of for why we'd do this.

...or we low-key tried to plan out everything with Gruden and the Glazers didn't like what he wanted.

QbvQ_f-maxage-0.gif

10 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Grumors pop up every single year though, I've stopped giving them any thought.

Well the Glazers made up with him. He's been around quite a bit. We inducted him into our Ring of Honor. He lives down the road. We have a QB. 

Everything seemed to line up this year.

46 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The offense is still moving the ball and Jameis has been pretty good since coming back from his shoulder injury. Those are the only reasons I can think of for why we'd do this.

...or we low-key tried to plan out everything with Gruden and the Glazers didn't like what he wanted.

This could be. Gruden has always been a coach who wants total roster control and GM-level power.

I'm trying to find some logic in this but it isn't easy to do. 

Maybe this saying something about Jameis' position within the team as well? Join Koetter and Jameis at the hip. If the team (and thus most likely Jameis) dissapoints next year get a new HC and allow him to bring in his own guy?

Or does it even mean they want to keep Koetter around to develop the next QB they draft since they don't see Jameis as the answer?

Honestly I'm probably looking into it to deeply. Seems like it's just a weird dumb move to retain Koetter. 

He's only been there two years. Had a 9-7 record his first year. Yeah I guess the team got worse record-wise this year, but you'd be moving on to Winston's third head coach in four years. Unless there is a big time coaching candidate coming your way, I think you give Koetter more time. 

Archived