Eagles release Marcus Smith

Scalamania

19 hours ago, Blahman88 said:

Doubt you'll love it for long, he has the motivation levels of Andy Reid's personal trainer

Haha. I just like the idea of taking a shot on a recent 1st round talent that was cut. Obviously the chances of it panning out are slim but it's a zero risk/some reward move I think Carroll and co have a shot at turning him into a rotation guy. 

I'm not a Seahawks fan either I have no stake in this but I love the idea of this move and think it's the right team for example if Cleveland or the jets picked him up I'd have no opinion of this move. 

14 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Haha. I just like the idea of taking a shot on a recent 1st round talent that was cut. Obviously the chances of it panning out are slim but it's a zero risk/some reward move I think Carroll and co have a shot at turning him into a rotation guy. 

I'm not a Seahawks fan either I have no stake in this but I love the idea of this move and think it's the right team for example if Cleveland or the jets picked him up I'd have no opinion of this move. 

He isn't a 1st round talent. He shouldn't have been selected that high in the first place. 

Most had him pegged as a 2nd or 3rd round talent.

Im starting to theorize this city eats 1st round picks alive. If you look at our history of drafting players, its getting terrible and i don't think its that were picking so bad. These rookies get here and there this immense pressure and intensity from the fans and media, i don't think they ever have a chance to be a rookie , to develop and find there true potential. They just get thrown to the fire of the fans and media. 

The 3rd week of this season, fans and media will calling Barnett a bust and begging for Steven Means to replace him. 

Smith might of been a role player/good situational player if he was drafted anywhere but Philly. 

9 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He isn't a 1st round talent. He shouldn't have been selected that high in the first place. 

Most had him pegged as a 2nd or 3rd round talent.

Well that's true I remember that draft and it was definitely the surprise of the first round but obviously the eagles valued him enough to make him a first rounder they saw something. Maybe Seattle can get that thing out of him but likely not. 

Archived