LB NYLES MORGAN
NOTRE DAME

195: R6P17
 DL GREG GAINES
WASHINGTON

236: R7P17
 LARRY ALLEN JR.
HARVARD

Dak was a 4th rounder and other than benching Romo there is no real investment there. Not saying Jackson starts from day one but he definitely creates some competition, and whoever we chose to be our guy you know we are going to get a good deal in a trade for the other. QBs are like precious metal. You can buy them, and sell them back for a good price when you're done with them. Obviously Dak gives the higher ROI because the initial investment is lower, but if he is better then you roll with him. Sleep well knowing your QB 1 and QB 2 are very talented and neither are making Peyton money.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Dak was a 4th rounder and other than benching Romo there is no real investment there. Not saying Jackson starts from day one but he definitely creates some competition, and whoever we chose to be our guy you know we are going to get a good deal in a trade for the other. QBs are like precious metal. You can buy them, and sell them back for a good price when you're done with them. Obviously Dak gives the higher ROI because the initial investment is lower, but if he is better then you roll with him. Sleep well knowing your QB 1 and QB 2 are very talented and neither are making Peyton money.

Fair point. And competition never really hurt anyone.

21 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Competition is one thing but stirring a quarterback controversy is never a good thing combine that with not filling too many other holes. The first and potentially second round pick of every draft should be immediate contributor otherwise the team will be the same old same old.

Depending on FA I think the first 4 picks could be immediate starters with the exception on Andrews but eventually Witten will retire or die.

10 hours ago, 5x10 said:

Mayfield > Jackson when passing

we already have a running qb, need a passer

I did think about that. Though an argument could be made that, as prospects anyway, Jackson is better at both coming out.  I figured if both QBs could play within one scheme together then it would help our coach's when they are not adjusting anything.

And I don't like Baker as a personality for us. And I don't trust OU QBs at all. Not one of them has ever panned out. And though height requirements are becoming less of an issue for NFL QBs it's still rare, and very much predicated on said QBs agility to move outside the pocket. And he has the same drinking lifestyle Johnny football\Zeke have. I do like Bakers arm talent and how he is never rattled. But he has to overcome a lot of traditional pit falls that have inertia.

You do bring up a good point though. How many QBs are there going in the first roundish? Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Jackson, Rudolph, Mayfield... That's a lot of QBs. Chances are up one will be there at our 2nd

10 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

And I don't like Baker as a personality for us. And I don't trust OU QBs at all. Not one of them has ever panned out. And though height requirements are becoming less of an issue for NFL QBs it's still rare, and very much predicated on said QBs agility to move outside the pocket. And he has the same drinking lifestyle Johnny football\Zeke have. I do like Bakers arm talent and how he is never rattled. But he has to overcome a lot of traditional pit falls that have inertia.

You do bring up a good point though. How many QBs are there going in the first roundish? Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Jackson, Rudolph, Mayfield... That's a lot of QBs. Chances are up one will be there at our 2nd

Yeah, the personality is what bothers me about mayfield. Seems pretty immature 

Of all the college qbs, I think he's the one that can improvise the most

jacksons up there with him, but I don't think he has the accuracy of mayfield 

35 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Just FYI - again I love the pick - but *several* posters here will whine something awful if Dak takes the next step and we wasted a first round pick on L.Jackson. Regardless if that was the reason he takes the next step or not. 

You know you’re sick and tired/in a rut over this team when you’re already bracing yourself for fans whining about a pick we’re not gonna make over the exceedingly invalid complaint of “He didn’t play”

Archived