Players poised to breakout for next year

CAPJ

Randy Gregory - if true that he's finally got things with his anxiety under control and hasn't failed a test since the last one which earned him his most recent suspension, I think we will see the player once viewed as being worth the first overall selection in the '15 Draft. 

Jourdan Lewis - with it likely that we move on from Scandrick, I could see Lewis taking over the NB role and really flourishing. 

Jaylon Smith - With another year to heal, I expect big things from him in 2018.

I agree with Jaylon, but everyone is going to pick him so I'll say three different players.

Dak Prescott - After a stellar rookie campaign and a sophomore slump, I think he takes his game to a new level in his third season.

Rico Gathers - I haven't forgotten about him, and you shouldn't either. He has game breaking size and athleticism, and could be the field stretching tight end we desperately need.

Charles Tapper - It will probably be in a limited role, but I could see Tapper having a 2016 David Irving type of breakout year in which he is healthy and ready to go.

2 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I agree with Jaylon, but everyone is going to pick him so I'll say three different players.

Dak Prescott - After a stellar rookie campaign and a sophomore slump, I think he takes his game to a new level in his third season.

Rico Gathers - I haven't forgotten about him, and you shouldn't either. He has game breaking size and athleticism, and could be the field stretching tight end we desperately need.

Charles Tapper - It will probably be in a limited role, but I could see Tapper having a 2016 David Irving type of breakout year in which he is healthy and ready to go.

It would be nice if Rico broke out...

And I forget who it was, but one of the beat writers tweeted out that under Linehan, QBs usually light it up in their 3rd year.

Just now, Desperado82 said:

It would be nice if Rico broke out...

And I forget who it was, but one of the beat writers tweeted out that under Linehan, QBs usually light it up in their 3rd year.

I remember hearing that on the local radio station here. Culpepper and Stafford both had career years in their third year under Linehan. FWIW I guess

8 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I don’t see any TE having a breakout year as long as Witten is here. There’s no way the coaches will take him out of the game often enough for another player at that position to flourish, regardless of how much his production drops off.

Archived