Bye Bye 92 Mock Draft...

MDSteeler1971

Following a trade in the first round with Indianapolis, the Colts select Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame. The Steelers receive the Colts 2nd round #3, 4th #3 and 5th #3:  

Round 2 Pick 3 (IND): Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn (A-)  A physical lock-down CB that we need to team up with Burns and Haden...

Int he second round, there is a trade with Seattle. The Seahawks select  Frank Ragnow, C/OG, Arkansas and trade 2nd round #31 and 4th #21 to Pittsburgh:

Round 2 Pick 31 (MINN): Tremaine Edmunds, OLB, Virginia Tech (A-)  Does he need an explanation? If he falls to us the Steelers will not pass this BPA...

Round 3 Pick 30: Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State (A+)  Being compared to Gronk definitely gets you hype and that he fell this far it's a potential steal.
Round 4 Pick 3 (IND): Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech (A-)  Size and speed! Our DB's are now young, fast and strong with size... Bye Coty and Willie G...
Round 4 Pick 21 (SEA): Terrell Edmunds, SS, Virginia Tech (A+)  This is if he enters the draft. He injured his shoulder but should be healed in time for camp
Round 5 Pick 3 (IND): Tegray Scales, ILB, Indiana (C-) 
Round 5 Pick 7: John Kelly, RB, Tennessee (A+)  Is this our Alvin Kamara? Connor's ACL bothers me with depth and I'm not a Ridley fan
Round 5 Pick 30: D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland (B)  Set records at Maryland this season with complete garbage at QB. Nice size and speed. If nothing else he goes on P.S.
Round 7 Pick 30: Christian LaCouture, DT, LSU (A-)  Looks like an Aaron Smith type DL to me...

On 12/30/2017 at 3:34 AM, MDSteeler1971 said:

Following a trade in the first round with Indianapolis, the Colts select Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame. The Steelers receive the Colts 2nd round #3, 4th #3 and 5th #3:  

Round 2 Pick 3 (IND): Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn (A-)  A physical lock-down CB that we need to team up with Burns and Haden...

Int he second round, there is a trade with Seattle. The Seahawks select  Frank Ragnow, C/OG, Arkansas and trade 2nd round #31 and 4th #21 to Pittsburgh:

Round 2 Pick 31 (MINN): Tremaine Edmunds, OLB, Virginia Tech (A-)  Does he need an explanation? If he falls to us the Steelers will not pass this BPA...

Round 3 Pick 30: Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State (A+)  Being compared to Gronk definitely gets you hype and that he fell this far it's a potential steal.
Round 4 Pick 3 (IND): Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech (A-)  Size and speed! Our DB's are now young, fast and strong with size... Bye Coty and Willie G...
Round 4 Pick 21 (SEA): Terrell Edmunds, SS, Virginia Tech (A+)  This is if he enters the draft. He injured his shoulder but should be healed in time for camp
Round 5 Pick 3 (IND): Tegray Scales, ILB, Indiana (C-) 
Round 5 Pick 7: John Kelly, RB, Tennessee (A+)  Is this our Alvin Kamara? Connor's ACL bothers me with depth and I'm not a Ridley fan
Round 5 Pick 30: D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland (B)  Set records at Maryland this season with complete garbage at QB. Nice size and speed. If nothing else he goes on P.S.
Round 7 Pick 30: Christian LaCouture, DT, LSU (A-)  Looks like an Aaron Smith type DL to me...

Davis is someone that I'm not too excited about.  His overall game doesn't impress me too much and makes me think what is missing.

Is he playing ILB?  I don't see him as a pass rusher at the next level.

Why another CB? We have Burns, Haden, Hilton, Sutton, #29 who is the 6'3 CB,  I'd rather grab a late rounder or undrafted guy than Facyson.

Are you related to someone from VT?  I kid....or maybe not.  Edmunds is an interesting guy.

Scales is growing on me.

Kelly is nowhere near the type of runner that Alvin is.  One is a slasher and the other is a smaller powerback.

LaCouture has moments where I felt he would be special and breakout but injuries have affected his game.

No he is OLB.

2 CBs because of the reason I stated. Coty and Gay out and these 2 replace them.

I have had family go there LOL but not currently...

Scales is a sleeper I think

If he is a power back it works! Did you see those 2 trying to score from the 1 yesterday? Sad...

7 hours ago, MDSteeler1971 said:

No he is OLB.

2 CBs because of the reason I stated. Coty and Gay out and these 2 replace them.

I have had family go there LOL but not currently...

Scales is a sleeper I think

If he is a power back it works! Did you see those 2 trying to score from the 1 yesterday? Sad...

Edmunds would be a horrible fit as a 34 OLB.

Your score is: 17130 (GRADE: B-)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 8 (CHI): Ronnie Harrison, SS, Alabama (A-)  Mitchell's future replacement...
Round 2 Pick 29: Tremaine Edmunds, OLB, Virginia Tech (A)  I like him! He's a tackling machine so if he can move inside he's there for the taking!
Round 3 Pick 15 (ARI): Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State (A)  If he is the next "Gronk" can we pass on him?
Round 3 Pick 29: Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech (A-)  For him to fall this far is insane! Top CB and we need to upgrade on a couple...
Round 4 Pick 15 (CHI): Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn (A)  Nice... The supposed #3 RB in the draft at the moment and we need depth...
Round 5 Pick 9: Maea Teuhema, OG, LSU (A) 
Round 5 Pick 29: Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise State (A+) 
Round 7 Pick 29: Christian LaCouture, DT, LSU (B-)

Did you corner the market on Virginia Tech guys there? lol  You know you missed Greg Stroman, their CB/KR, that is around in 7 or so.  Just sayin!

Edmunds is a guy that caught my eye in their bowl game.  Idk where he'd fit though.  He looked the part but didn't do a lot.  Flashed size and athleticism though.  

26 minutes ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

Did you corner the market on Virginia Tech guys there? lol  You know you missed Greg Stroman, their CB/KR, that is around in 7 or so.  Just sayin!

Edmunds is a guy that caught my eye in their bowl game.  Idk where he'd fit though.  He looked the part but didn't do a lot.  Flashed size and athleticism though.  

Worilds 2.0

31 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Worilds 2.0

Negative Ghost Rider.  Worilds was a standout DE whereas Edmunds is an off ball OLB who plays in 43 style rather than on the LOS. I would be worried about his ability to rush the passer. A blitzer and a pass rusher are not the same.

3 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Negative Ghost Rider.  Worilds was a standout DE whereas Edmunds is an off ball OLB who plays in 43 style rather than on the LOS. I would be worried about his ability to rush the passer. A blitzer and a pass rusher are not the same.

I’m talking more in looks the part, doesn’t quite produce like I think they should. Look where @Magnus-Viktor said he looked impressive but didn’t do a lot. That is the same thing some thought about Worilds time at VT. 

Archived