Broncos Vs. Chiefs GDT week 17

thebestever6

It's the last week of a forgettable 2017 NFL season. While Chiefs get ready for the postseason Denver gets ready for the off-season. 

I've heard for weeks this is an easy loss in our schedule but in the words of the great Lee Corso not so fast my friends.

Chiefs I could see resting more starters in this game especially defensively. Vance Joseph wants to win. So defensively we should be in great shape to get to a rookie qb.

Key things to watch?

1) Crowd noise- if they have an impact I find it hard to see a rookie winning his first start in a hostile environment. No Tyreek hill, kareem hunt, Alex Smith its hard to see where the offense comes from for them. At the same time no Sanders, Latimer, and Donald Stephenson is questionable. So hard to see us having consistent offense either. 

2) our oline versus a backup dline-  the Chiefs dont have a good secondary. So if they don't get pressure even Lynch will pick them a part even though Lynch holds on to the ball a long time.

3) the rushing attacks- It's safe to say the young qb with the most support both running game wise and defensively will win this game.

Prediction Denver 24 Kc 14

I'm hopeful some of our young players continue to play well, but beyond that, there's nothing to gain in this one. We can get as high as 4th in the draft, a position that has the potential to drastically change this team's fortune. Hopefully we don't squander it.

41 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I'm hopeful some of our young players continue to play well, but beyond that, there's nothing to gain in this one. We can get as high as 4th in the draft, a position that has the potential to drastically change this team's fortune. Hopefully we don't squander it.

Im 2 and 0 when making a gdt. Last week AAA got to it first and we lost. So not looking good I waited until late Friday night.

Not directly related to the game, but it's being reported widely that Vance is on very thin ice. 

Albert BreerAdam Schefter and Mike Klis are all reporting that there's at least a chance Elway opts to make a change. Now, Adam Schefter also reported earlier in the year that Paxton would start when in fact it was Brock, so his credibility is shaky at best. But let's hope 

Just saw @AdamSchefter report that Vance Joseph is “likely out” as Broncos head coach. Nothing would surprise me at this point. Nothing.

Everything says we should win, given KC is resting half their guys.   But I will say this - Mahomes avoids the TO's, then it's leaving the game in Lynch's hands.  That's a huge equalizer against any hope of winning, especially if he's not even fully mobile.   

A loss and VJ's likely done - but he may be done anyways, if the stadium is only half empty.   Ellis does listen to cash registers if nothing else.

18 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I mean if you buy trade up scenarios you want indy. I really don't think it matters because Denver will win at home .

Well no isn't it possible if Giants win and Indy loses that Indy takes number 2? And would probably be easier to trade up with than if Giants stayed at 2?

A dream scenario would be that Paxton, benefitting from divine intervention and 2nd stringers from KC, plays way above his capabilities. 15 of 18. 2 TD's and 260 yds. Even scrambles for a score. Then gets a minor injury and sits out the 2nd half before he's exposed again.

Anything to help his market value in a trade.

17 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Well no isn't it possible if Giants win and Indy loses that Indy takes number 2? And would probably be easier to trade up with than if Giants stayed at 2?

Yea but whats stopping them from staying put to take Barkley.  Luck, Hilton, Barkley is Steelers south.

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Not directly related to the game, but it's being reported widely that Vance is on very thin ice. 

Albert BreerAdam Schefter and Mike Klis are all reporting that there's at least a chance Elway opts to make a change. Now, Adam Schefter also reported earlier in the year that Paxton would start when in fact it was Brock, so his credibility is shaky at best. But let's hope 

They have to be realistic about it and ask themselves if Vance will probably get fired next year during the season. If they believe he will, might as well get rid of him tomorrow and don't waste time.

33 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

They have to be realistic about it and ask themselves if Vance will probably get fired next year during the season. If they believe he will, might as well get rid of him tomorrow and don't waste time.

That is what it will come down to - does Elway believe that Joseph can turn things around or has he been so much out of his depth that he hasn't a clue how to turn things around, in which case he should be gone by the time the post-game presser starts.

Driving out to my bar a bit ago they were discussing coaches on The Fan and D-Mac (I know, I know) seems to think Chuck Pagano would be the front-runner. Yes, the same Chuck Pagano that missed the playoffs two straight years in the AFC South with a healthy Andrew Luck. I’d come out of my skin if that was the hire.

One name I’d consider is Jason Garrett if Jerry Jones pulls the trigger there in Dallas. 

Archived