Iowa State 21 Memphis 20
Washington 28 Penn State 35

Jan 1

Alabama Clemson
Georgia Oklahoma
Michigan South Carolina
UCF Auburn
Notre Dame LSU

I've always treated the bowl season as the REAL test of a conferences strength. It is difficult to see a conference beat up on each other and not know whether it is because it lacks top end talent, or whether it has so much talent that it knocks each other off.

B1G was correctly left out of the playoff, but it is really nice to see them playing well in the bowl season thus far.

SEC has had a rough start, but they still have 4 really big games (and likely a 5th if either Bama or UGA win their semi)

Pac12 is rough. Real rough.

PAC 12 has shown their arse. Bad defenses playing bad defenses, it seems, during the regular season. PAC 12 offenses after dark seem to be an illusion. 

SEC has a lot to prove but still has their big games ahead to redeem and potentially win a title. Or, if they fail in their playoff matchups, could really look bad. 

Big Ten obviously looking like the top conference right now but may not have the top team. Big XII and ACC holding their own overall.

18 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I've always treated the bowl season as the REAL test of a conferences strength. It is difficult to see a conference beat up on each other and not know whether it is because it lacks top end talent, or whether it has so much talent that it knocks each other off.

B1G was correctly left out of the playoff, but it is really nice to see them playing well in the bowl season thus far.

SEC has had a rough start, but they still have 4 really big games (and likely a 5th if either Bama or UGA win their semi)

Pac12 is rough. Real rough.

Correctly left out? The only argument people had was Bama’s name and winning the conference because it was suppose to be so tough. I remember going through the ranking of schedules for SEC teams and a lot of them had some weak schedules that over inflated their records. SEC teams are playing some real teams and not IAA teams and right now they are not sitting pretty. 

The worse conference has been the pac12 

38 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

PAC 12 has shown their arse. Bad defenses playing bad defenses, it seems, during the regular season. PAC 12 offenses after dark seem to be an illusion. 

SEC has a lot to prove but still has their big games ahead to redeem and potentially win a title. Or, if they fail in their playoff matchups, could really look bad. 

Big Ten obviously looking like the top conference right now but may not have the top team. Big XII and ACC holding their own overall.

PAC 12 hasn’t learned anything, they’re still soft.

34 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Correctly left out? The only argument people had was Bama’s name and winning the conference because it was suppose to be so tough. I remember going through the ranking of schedules for SEC teams and a lot of them had some weak schedules that over inflated their records. SEC teams are playing some real teams and not IAA teams and right now they are not sitting pretty. 

The worse conference has been the pac12 

Losses clearly matter to the committee. Its been proven two years in a row.

Bama's resume is massively overrated. But it isn't weak enough to warrant being below a 2 loss OSU. You can't lose twice, and you can't lose by 5 scores to an unranked team.

49 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I'm not sure if this statement holds up.

Two of their wins were against Northern Illinois and Southern Mississippi.

Their only "top of the conference" game so far was a loss.

They NEED to win at least 1 of the 2 (maybe both) games today for me to give them any significant credit.

8 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I'm not sure if this statement holds up.

Two of their wins were against Northern Illinois and Southern Mississippi.

Their only "top of the conference" game so far was a loss.

They NEED to win at least 1 of the 2 (maybe both) games today for me to give them any significant credit.

By “holding their own” I more mean status quo, not getting embarrassed. Outside of UVA getting obliterated by our nation’s heroes. They at least have done better than the SEC/PAC to this point. Not really giving them credit. 

Updated!

B1G up to 7-0 including wins over #8, #10, #11, #18. Great showing. I hate Michigan, but I'm pulling for them for the clean sweep!

ACC with two more losses yesterday, and are now 0-3 against ranked teams. Two of their wins were not power conferences. I feel like they need Clemson to not only beat Alabama, but to also win the championship game to redeem their bowl season (even then, they are just a 1 team conference)

Pac12 is garbage.

SEC with their 4 biggest games today (plus SC/UM). They need to win at least 1 semi final and 2 of the other 3.

Big 12 has been a pleasant surprise splitting the unranked games, but going 3-0 against ranked opponents.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

People should be crucified for saying the SEC is better based on the “eye test.” That conference is Alabama and a bunch of average teams at best.

To be fair, they still have games against UCF, ND, Oklahoma, and Clemson.

They still have a chance for a very dominant bowl season.

It has never been held against a conference that their 7th, 8th, and 9th best teams lost if the top side takes care of business.

Archived