RT Bobby Hart waived

Acgott

I like it....cutting the cancers of the team.  Bobby Hart didn't have a chance to make the roster next season so I welcome the cut to see what we've got behind him.  

With Flowers inactive, and his cap next season not helping or hurting us to release him, I expect he'll be gone too.

1 minute ago, ny92jefferis said:

I like it....cutting the cancers of the team.  Bobby Hart didn't have a chance to make the roster next season so I welcome the cut to see what we've got behind him.  

With Flowers inactive, and his cap next season not helping or hurting us to release him, I expect he'll be gone too.

Not true. He has no cap savings and a dead money of 4.5 mill

https://overthecap.com/player/ereck-flowers/3857/

flowers cap situation because of his base guarantees is similar to Apples, where trading him would be more beneficial than cutting him.  Either way, he's one of the main reasons our offensive line is so bad.  If we knew he was a better tackle on the right side I might be inclined to keep him on the roster but as of right now....YOU'RE FIRED! 

50 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I know you are much better at the cap, but it shows a cap savings of zero?

Right, technically he's costing us 4.5 million because his entire contract is guaranteed, releasing him we aren't saving anything or losing anything.  Keeping him is costing us a roster spot but because of the zero cap savings, he could stay on the roster during next year's camp, giving us a chance to see if he can play right tackle or somehow improves at left tackle while we still maintain a 90 man roster.  Releasing him only when we have something better.  Ideally, trading him would be the way to go, but again his value can't be that high, another costly first round pick that we're still paying for...literally.

3 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

Right, technically he's costing us 4.5 million because his entire contract is guaranteed, releasing him we aren't saving anything or losing anything.  Keeping him is costing us a roster spot but because of the zero cap savings, he could stay on the roster during next year's camp, giving us a chance to see if he can play right tackle or somehow improves at left tackle while we still maintain a 90 man roster.  Releasing him only when we have something better.  Ideally, trading him would be the way to go, but again his value can't be that high, another costly first round pick that we're still paying for...literally.

I rather just keep him on the roster then lose the salary space

15 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

Good tackles are not easy to come by and they are not going to be cheap. Even  if Flowers is just a swing tackle 4.5 million is not horrible. I think the Giants will wise up and make him the starting RT next season, his true position.  

Agreed...Outside of poor management, he should of been playing RT from day one.

Are you one of the many Giants fans that believe we must draft a quarterback or we'll suck for the next 12 years?  I ask because I'm one person that believes drafting a left tackle in the first round would be a solid move because of the cost it would take to sign one from the free agency would be extremely costly.

8 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

Agreed...Outside of poor management, he should of been playing RT from day one.

Are you one of the many Giants fans that believe we must draft a quarterback or we'll suck for the next 12 years?  I ask because I'm one person that believes drafting a left tackle in the first round would be a solid move because of the cost it would take to sign one from the free agency would be extremely costly.

Not only am I the one that believes that. I believe I was the person that first said it. There is no position other than QB that can't be upgraded the next  year after or the year after.  Being in the right situation to draft a franchise QB does not come around often unless your the Cleveland Browns.  

I see no drawback to getting the QB of the future now, sit him down for a year then the year after when  the team  is built up a bit then play him. The drawback to doing things your way, building up the team then getting a QB is as I and others have said, you will be putting us in QB purgatory for the next decade or so.  

5 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

Not only am I the one that believes that. I believe I was the person that first said it. There is no position other than QB that can't be upgraded the next  year after or the year after.  Being in the right situation to draft a franchise QB does not come around often unless your the Cleveland Browns.  

I see no drawback to getting the QB of the future now, sit him down for a year then the year after when  the team  is built up a bit then play him. The drawback to doing things your way, building up the team then getting a QB is as I and others have said, you will be putting us in QB purgatory for the next decade or so.  

Time and time again it has been shown that you don’t have to draft a QB top 5 to be successful.

Archived