RT Bobby Hart waived

Acgott

3 hours ago, mattbags2313 said:

Tell Aaron Rodgers that. Sometimes it just makes sense to groom someone. This team isn’t win a super bowl first year with a new GM and a completely new staff. I don’t understand the harm in sitting someone until they are ready. It’s worked before 

You didn’t read my post properly. I said why should we draft a QB who isn’t ready and needs grooming when we drafted a third round QB for that purpose? So you have 1 aging QB and two QBs aren’t ready. That’s a wasted pick. 

12 hours ago, Acgott said:

You don’t put all your eggs into one basket. I want as many options as possible to try and make sure we nail the most important position in sports. If we go OL in the first, we are still in the exact same predictment banking on Webb as our future and doesn’t improve the team that much. OL isn’t an impact position.

If a QB is not weighted BPA we should draft best pass rusher.

Yeah except for QB. Unless you think that QB is helping you day 1. If you’re picking that high it has to be immediate contributions or at least with the intention. Not taking a QB isn’t neglecting that position at all given we have a veteran, albeit aged QB. And a young QB being groomed. You’re not putting all your eggs in one basket. 

I actually for going for a pass rusher, I just don’t think a QB is a must especially given the questions with QBs in this draft. 

You know it's draft season when every thread turns into a draft value argument! :P 

If the rumors are true, the Bobby Hart waiving is a shot at Ereck Flowers. They were apparently inseparable and bad influences on each other. Hart had no future here. He was given multiple seasons to show he could be a long-term starter and it didn't work out. Flowers has one more season to resurrect his career. I think the FO was telling him to improve is attitude or see ya later. Either way, this dude isn't making it to a second contract in NY. I don't believe he wants to be here and it would take a lot for him to make us want him here. The best we can hope for is a serviceable year from him at RT that allows us to bridge our OL and build it into the force it needs to be.

And for the record, I would love to go BPA in the draft but IMO the value in picking 2nd is there is only one team before you to snag the guy you believe is your franchise QB. Waiting until later in the round or later rounds means you are hoping the other teams pass on the guy. Mahomes was McAdoo's guy and he couldn't get up high enough to take him. So we waited until the third round and took a different guy who we believed might have a chance. And maybe he does but the fact is we have a new GM, will have a new head coach and offensive system shortly. They have to get their guy. If it's Webb, great. But odds are they are more comfortable taking their favorite QB at #2. 

Archived