EVERYTHING ELSE!

ET80

We moved a freshman up to be our kicker on the varsity squad last year. Just found out he was named underclass man special teams player of the year. He wasn’t that great last year but he’s gonna be a beast as a sophomore. 

he’s kicking 45 yard field goals in summer work outs and his kick offs are landing around the 4 yard line. In 3A arkansas ball, that’s nearly unheard of at a public school. 

average starting field position in our league is usually the 35-40 yard line. It’s illegal to return a kick out of the end zone in HS ball so if we can get him kicking into the zone, it’s gonna set us up amazingly. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Today's my last day in my hometown district. My wife and I got married last summer and bought a house last October our in Cypress on the NW side of Houston. Been driving 85 miles round trip to work since then. 4am alarms during football and getting home at 7pm......its been a rough couple of months with gas, tolls, and the time spent driving. But damn it feels good to finally be done!!!

9 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Is Texas back??

No - instead the Manning legacy dies in Austin.

Texas is cursed, Arch Manning will be the next 5 Star prospect UT lands that will amount to nothing.

• Like 1

So in Arkansas you can go to any school you wish. If I want to send my kids to school an hour away then I can. No one has to live in the district they are going to school in. 

Needless to say, recruiting is a big deal because students are worth about $7500 each to the school they attend. 

well a smaller school in our county just got a football program for the first time and we’ve already lost 5 starters to them. 

so we are starting a 100k weight room renovation lol. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ET80 said:

No - instead the Manning legacy dies in Austin.

Texas is cursed, Arch Manning will be the next 5 Star prospect UT lands that will amount to nothing.

They did pull in a couple of big time ‘22 recruits on the OL. Banks and the Guard should start for them as freshman. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

So in Arkansas you can go to any school you wish. If I want to send my kids to school an hour away then I can. No one has to live in the district they are going to school in. 

Needless to say, recruiting is a big deal because students are worth about $7500 each to the school they attend. 

well a smaller school in our county just got a football program for the first time and we’ve already lost 5 starters to them. 

so we are starting a 100k weight room renovation lol. 

Ya, recruiting is big in Houston. Some districts and schools are open enrollment and some are pretty strict on their enrollment lines. Like Allen has an enrollment of 7100 kids which is like 2 substantially big 6A schools. North Shore who’s in our district is open enrollment and they’re at 4500 kids. 

2 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

They did pull in a couple of big time ‘22 recruits on the OL. Banks and the Guard should start for them as freshman. 

I mean - when ISN’T this the case? Don’t they have big time recruits in every draft class? I think they’re always in the top 10 in recruiting classes, but nothing ever develops. They had zero players drafted this past draft - and these draft eligible Longhorns were all former 4/5 star guys at a time.

The coaching and culture there is broken, and it’s been broken since Texas decided to cash in on The Longhorn Network. Since then, they’re not a contender on the biggest stages or contenders on even a regional stage. I feel pretty confident that programs such as UH, TCU, Baylor and Texas Tech have surpassed Texas as a football school, and it’s not particularly close.

Texas is an annual paper tiger, all these big name recruits and nothing to show for it. I’d wager Manning transfers out to Tennessee or Ole Miss before he wins 10+ wins at Texas.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I mean - when ISN’T this the case? Don’t they have big time recruits in every draft class? I think they’re always in the top 10 in recruiting classes, but nothing ever develops. They had zero players drafted this past draft - and these draft eligible Longhorns were all former 4/5 star guys at a time.

The coaching and culture there is broken, and it’s been broken since Texas decided to cash in on The Longhorn Network. Since then, they’re not a contender on the biggest stages or contenders on even a regional stage. I feel pretty confident that programs such as UH, TCU, Baylor and Texas Tech have surpassed Texas as a football school, and it’s not particularly close.

Texas is an annual paper tiger, all these big name recruits and nothing to show for it. I’d wager Manning transfers out to Tennessee or Ole Miss before he wins 10+ wins at Texas.

It is, and ya they always pull big time recruits on paper. I do feel like they do get guys that are “soft” and that semi changed with this last class. And this is coming from an Aggie fan 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We had a head football coach last year that cussed people worse than BOB. Dude lasted 6 months and then the school “accepted his resignation”. We had a really good football program. It’s only 10 years old but we have a streak of 5 years with a playoff win and have made the quarterfinals. This year was going to be the best team we ever had. Extremely senior heavy. 16 starters would have been seniors. 3 sophomores that dominated JV games last year were moving up. It was gonna be incredible. We had a legit chance at winning it all. 

this former coach destroyed the program so badly that 6 seniors have transferred to other schools and we are down to like 23 kids total. What a mess. Still gonna be a really good team but we have 14 guys that will start at 22 positions and very very few backups if someone gets hurt. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Blaze said:

@ET80Are you still going to Vegas for the Texans game? I'm looking at flights now. Pretty reasonable. Im probably going to arrive Sunday morning and leave on Tues. I have a prior engagement on Saturday. 

Yep! I’m probably going to get there Wednesday (10/19) and stay until that following Monday - wife and I plan on staying at either the Golden Nugget or Four Queens on Freemont (Freemont street, away from the strip).

We still have yet to boo… but need to arrange mom and sister to watch the kids, put the dogs in the kennel, etc. Probably book mid August or early September.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Yep! I’m probably going to get there Wednesday (10/19) and stay until that following Monday - wife and I plan on staying at either the Golden Nugget or Four Queens on Freemont (Freemont street, away from the strip).

We still have yet to boo… but need to arrange mom and sister to watch the kids, put the dogs in the kennel, etc. Probably book mid August or early September.

I only need a couple of days in Vegas. That city literally goes 100mph with things to do at all times of the day. 

• Like 1