My favorite QB prospect is...

Alex

38 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I think Jackson is inaccurate for tight throws and makes poor decisions.  I also think he will struggle with the punishment in the NFL.  I want to like Jackson but I cannot.

While he does have some overthrows, based on my observation, it is because he throws flatfooted at times.  I don't see a poor decision maker. 

3 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Yep.  Andrew Luck is a prime example.  That being said, all I can base Watson on is this year as an NFL pro.

Luck?

When did he fade?   He has been injured 2 of the last 3 seasons and he was quite good in 2016.

You mean RG3?     He faded after a great rookie year.

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Luck?

When did he fade?   He has been injured 2 of the last 3 seasons and he was quite good in 2016.

RGIII faded after an injury also.  He was injured by Haloti Ngata on a questionable hit while RGIII was going to the ground.  The bar was set ridiculously high for Luck.  Luck didn't reach that bar.

6 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Luck?

RG3, Kaep, VY. 

Though they are still starting Taylor, Newton struggles. 

Ironically the only one not to fade that much was the least prototype of them all...Wilson. 

Just now, armsteeld said:

RGIII faded after an injury also.  He was injured by Haloti Ngata on a questionable hit while RGIII was going to the ground.  The bar was set ridiculously high for Luck.  Luck didn't reach that bar.

That’s different than fading. 

Just now, warfelg said:

RG3, Kaep, VY. 

Though they are still starting Taylor, Newton struggles. 

Ironically the only one not to fade that much was the least prototype of them all...Wilson. 

VY was never good IMO.     I know he had a decent rookie year, but even then he was just meh.

In general, I agree, though.     Too many dual threat and read option guys dont know how to adjust when teams figure out how to play them.

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

VY was never good IMO.     I know he had a decent rookie year, but even then he was just meh.

In general, I agree, though.     Too many dual threat and read option guys dont know how to adjust when teams figure out how to play them.

They haven't figured out how to shut down Aaron Rodgers.  He is one of the best dual threat QBs in the game.  A QB is as good as his surrounding talent but some elevate the talent around them (Wilson).

3 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

RG3 couldnt adjust his game.   Shanny had a good interview about RG3 on ESPN a month or 2 ago.   I know he got injured but he was struggling even before that.

You can certainly argue that Luck didnt reach the heights many thought he would, and I would agree with that, but I wouldnt say he "faded"..    His rookie year was extremely overrated.     His 3rd year he hit his stride.   4th year injured.  5th year was really good.   Injured again this year.   

We will have to wait and see how he bounces back next year.  

5 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

They haven't figured out how to shut down Aaron Rodgers.  He is one of the best dual threat QBs in the game.  A QB is as good as his surrounding talent but some elevate the talent around them (Wilson).

The difference with ARod is his legs are his last resort. He tries to sit in the pocket then release when nothing is there. Something Wilson has adjusted to. 

Watching Jackson I don’t see that. I see a guy who makes one read then starts to go. He needs to sit longer in the pocket. 

1 minute ago, armsteeld said:

Aaron Rodgers isnt a true dual threat QB.   He is primarily a pocket passer who runs as a last resort, whereas those other QBs would often take off after their first read or as soon as they felt pressure instead of moving around the pocket like Rodgers does.    

Rodgers has elite passing ability.   Cant say that about those other guys.   

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

The difference with ARod is his legs are his last resort. He tries to sit in the pocket then release when nothing is there. Something Wilson has adjusted to. 

Watching Jackson I don’t see that. I see a guy who makes one read then starts to go. He needs to sit longer in the pocket. 

I'm sorry but which games did you watch?  Jackson sometimes will wait too long before he bails while going through his reads.  That is the media description of Jackson going through a progression(s).

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Wow, you basically said the same thing as I was typing it up.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!

Archived