Total Control Mock Draft Interest Thread

EaglesPeteC

10 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I'd love to participate and would be cool with any team. I am starting school again tomorrow so I can't do more than I did last year, but always active and never miss picks (I'll big board if I can't post in a timeframe). Familiar with the docs and have kept up with the threads.

Wouldn't be a party without a trojan.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

NO pressure on you now to deliver.   

NYG with the #2 pick and TCMD getting early hype

Ask Pete he'll tell you I've been stressing this year.  I've still got so much work to do before we even start and have been worried because there hasn't been much action going on in this forum.  So glad to see the guys chiming in for the new year.

Like I was saying, I'm going to attempt to bring in some help to manage the Giants, but with the 2nd pick and a healthy team, I'm ready to get the key pieces to get this team pointed in the right direction.  

3 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

Practice Free Agency Transaction Workbook

I wanted to provide you all with some sample Google Workbooks that double as practice workbooks.  Our veterans will be familiar with them but there are some changes from last years, so it's worth a look all the same.

This workbook is a copy of what every team GM will be provided privately, you and I will be the only members with access to it.

In this sample doc, you'll be able to edit certain cells, while the rest of the workbook is protected from accidental damage.

Once you've opened the workbook with Google Sheets you'll be able to edit the unprotected cells.

The purpose of using google sheets is so that everything can be managed and updated using minimal help.  It also, allows everything to be shared either privately or publicly within the forum.  So if you are interested in joining this mock draft you must be willing to work within these workbooks that I've created.

The complexity of the workbooks isn't with the GM trying to figure it out, if you spend 10 minutes getting an understanding of it now, using these practice workbooks you'll have no problem with it during the mock draft.  The complexity is building them in such a way that it makes your job all that much easier.

With this sample doc, I've provided you the ability to select your own team, just for viewing purposes. 

mrgBcERUvVqPU1LMwAZW4XEaTcb51b2KhofEMNBG

Simply, use the drop down arrow (circled in image above) to change the team.  Using the drop down list above, you can then select the player and the tag type.  You'll also notice that most if not all of the cells designed for you to edit have been color coded for just about every workbook we use.  

This next image shows you with cells you can edit; you can change the Bid type to UFA or Resign, you can also refine your player drop down list to include all the UFA's or by the position of your choice.  Once you've got that figured out, then use the drop down arrow to select your player to bid on and right below that select the number of years for the contract.  The sheet will populate information as you move forward, filling in the details of the contract.  In the yearly breakdown, you'll type in the base salary amounts to include the roster and workout bonuses.  Once the contract is approved using formulas, the big red bar, will tell you its passed validation.  That's it, you've successfully created a contract that would be accepted.

o1KbviIhKGQUird_tvovrRHoPG60cQ3W9W3P4-2h

If you've got any questions about this workbook or about the mock draft please ask, we're more than happy to help and love talking about what we've worked so hard to create.

Thanks

Mike

@EaglesPeteC

Can you include this and other like it, to the first post.

8 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Ask Pete he'll tell you I've been stressing this year.  I've still got so much work to do before we even start and have been worried because there hasn't been much action going on in this forum.  So glad to see the guys chiming in for the new year.

Like I was saying, I'm going to attempt to bring in some help to manage the Giants, but with the 2nd pick and a healthy team, I'm ready to get the key pieces to get this team pointed in the right direction.  

You need to name a HC....I already know you are a more competent GM!!!!!

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You need to name a HC....I already know you are a more competent GM!!!!!

I haven't really looked to see who is available but I'd like someone similar to Coughlin.  Experienced offensive coach would suit me just fine.

2 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

No....I said experienced.  McAdoo's history doesn't show that.  He was what offensive coord for GB for two seasons?  

I know that.....I altered your post and made it pretty clear that I did so.

We need to find a dallas fan willing to join this gang of misfits, I know they're out there just gotta lasso one.

giphy.gif

Can't recall which teams didn't have a true fan representing them but would be cool, seems like the more we have that are the better results with a more realistic outcome.

15 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

We need to find a dallas fan willing to join this gang of misfits, I know they're out there just gotta lasso one.

giphy.gif

Can't recall which teams didn't have a true fan representing them but would be cool, seems like the more we have that are the better results with a more realistic outcome.

You can't blame people for not wanting to work for Jerry Jones or admit they like the Cowboys in public xD

Archived