RamPackFan Mock Draft 1.0 (1 round) + trades/FA QB movement

RamPackFan

DT is one of the strongest positions for the Packers. We have Mike Daniels and second year Kenny Clark who is quickly turning into a force to be reckoned with. I would rather go with Key in this situation, or if the EDGE talent doesn't fit the selection, I would like us to go corner.

19 hours ago, RamPackFan said:

23. Atlanta: Isiah Oliver – CB/Colorado

This is pretty bad for Atlanta. CB isn't a round one or even round 3 need. However, Vita Vea going a few picks later would be great and so would Arden Key who is going at 24.

If Chubb and Barkley are both on the board I just can’t see us passing on Chubb. As special as Barkley is A. Our DE situation is catastrophic and we must have a pass rusher. It’s the prime reason we are 4-11 instead of 11-4. B. Barber has earned the right to be the full time starter next year. Let’s be honest too, it’s FAR easier to find a RB later on than a pass rusher.

15 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

Id be so disappointed ! I think Chubb will be very good as he can rush the passer and defend the run but pasing on Barkley ??? Barkley is NOT a RB. Barkley does it all at a HIGH level : Running inside with power, running outside with speed, pass protection, catching passes, i do not mention returning kicks as i would not tire him doing this. And his character ? Humble, work ethic, good teammate. Id be angry they pass on him ! Chubb or Fitzpatrick would be very good picks but only if Barkley is gone yet.

Kinda torn as a Browns fan. IMO, there are some franchise running backs besides Barkley that can be grabbed in the second round, and that's a decent haul of picks. That said, Barkley wound be great to have. It's a great dilemma to have for Cleveland. 

That said, I believe Tampa would grab Chubb in that scenario and make Dorsey look like a genius for the Browns. 

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 6:59 AM, zappa13004 said:

I do not see the need for another young CB ? Howard, McCain and Tankersley are fairly good, Lippett had a nice season in 2016 before his injury. All four will be under contract and Gase spent the year complaining about the offense. I humbly think than McGlinchey taken a spot later would be a much better pick.

I agree with you 100% on this.  With J. James (RT) contract up at the end of this year, and the amount of OL help we need.  McGlinchy is the pick.

On 12/30/2017 at 4:28 PM, stallyns said:

I’ll take that haul, and I would take either Brown or Harold Landry with the pick.

You moved back 14 spots in the draft, gave up #3 overall for #17, a 3rd and 5th in 2018 and a 1st in 2019? That is quite a move down. I'd expect the other 1st this year as well. 

that is all

mastercheddaar

1 hour ago, Mastercheddaar said:

You moved back 14 spots in the draft, gave up #3 overall for #17, a 3rd and 5th in 2018 and a 1st in 2019? That is quite a move down. I'd expect the other 1st this year as well. 

that is all

mastercheddaar

49ers got a 3rd, 4th and future 3rd to move down one spot and people criticized the Bears for the move. 

On 12/30/2017 at 11:36 PM, Counselor said:

We don't need to move up from 6 to 4 for Baker. 

With the Jets also in need of a QB and Tampa, Indy, and Cleveland (who has their QB in this instance and has shown a penchant under this FO for trading back) - yeah... you probably will.  If you don't, someone's likely trading ahead of you guys for him.

The Chargers (who pick 17th, not 16th) taking Rudolph in the 1st is ground for being committed to an asylum (if Tom Telesco were to do it and for the OP for even suggesting it).  Rivers isn't retiring, so using a 1st round pick (which Telesco has historically used to address the biggest glaring deficiency of the previous season's team) on a project-at-best QB who doesn't have an NFL arm (i.e. velocity) just isn't going to happen; and if I'm being honest, it feels like it's being used here to help push value down the board.  With the board sitting as it is there, they'd like either be after Orlando Brown (unseat perpetual underachiever and regular on the injury list, Joe Barksdale at RT and could project to eventually supplant/succeed Okung at LT) or one of the more versatile DT's (the likely "biggest deficiency" of the '17 Chargers squad was stopping the run) to replace Corey Liuget (whose overpriced contract as an easy-out this year) like Wilkins or Vea.

Archived