RamPackFan Mock Draft 1.0 (1 round) + trades/FA QB movement

RamPackFan

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

With the Jets also in need of a QB and Tampa, Indy, and Cleveland (who has their QB in this instance and has shown a penchant under this FO for trading back) - yeah... you probably will.  If you don't, someone's likely trading ahead of you guys for him.

The Chargers (who pick 17th, not 16th) taking Rudolph in the 1st is ground for being committed to an asylum (if Tom Telesco were to do it and for the OP for even suggesting it).  Rivers isn't retiring, so using a 1st round pick (which Telesco has historically used to address the biggest glaring deficiency of the previous season's team) on a project-at-best QB who doesn't have an NFL arm (i.e. velocity) just isn't going to happen; and if I'm being honest, it feels like it's being used here to help push value down the board.  With the board sitting as it is there, they'd like either be after Orlando Brown (unseat perpetual underachiever and regular on the injury list, Joe Barksdale at RT and could project to eventually supplant/succeed Okung at LT) or one of the more versatile DT's (the likely "biggest deficiency" of the '17 Chargers squad was stopping the run) to replace Corey Liuget (whose overpriced contract as an easy-out this year) like Wilkins or Vea.

My point was we would be picking top 5 not 6. No one is moving to 4 for Baker.

On 12/30/2017 at 4:04 PM, RamPackFan said:

14. Washington: Minkah Fitzpatrick – DB/Alabama

Payne would be a MUCH better pick for the Redskins here.  Our starting secondary is pretty much already set for next year with Norman, Fuller, Moreau at CB and Nicholson and Swearinger at safety.  Only way this pick would make sense is if Norman is somehow gone and we think Fitzpatrick can be a #1 CB (I think he's more likely a FS in the NFL).  In comparison, we don't have anyone on the roster who can play NT.  

9 hours ago, Counselor said:

My point was we would be picking top 5 not 6. No one is moving to 4 for Baker.

Actually, there's still a very good chance of that.  As long as there's a team that has all the reason in the world to trade back (Cleveland - whose new GM has said they're lacking in talent would covet a minor tradeback and more draft picks; Indy who is likely to take BPA regardless of where they pick and thus wouldn't sweat a minor trade back to give them more picks to add to the team) and at least one picking behind you who has a large want and need of a QB (Jets, potentially the Redskins at 13 or the Cardinals at 15), then there is a significantly decreased likelihood the player (especially when it's a QB) falls to you.

Last year, pretty much everyone would have said (and most of us, before the draft actually happened, would have agreed) that no one was moving to #2 for Trubisky... and yet... Chicago gave up a 3rd and 4th to jump up to the Niners' spot to take him.

Finally a guy who gets it.. These mocks have gone to the Twilight Zone with trade value. There will be action for QB's no doubt but teams won't be getting 3 1's, 2 2's and a bevy of other picks like some are suggesting 

Look back to the Garopollo, Mahomes dealings over the last season in terms of QB value 

On 12/30/2017 at 5:07 PM, RamPackFan said:

Your #1 need is QB, you have NOBODY back there. Your team is trash without one and he's the best QB available. suck it up buttercup ;) 

*says the guys who probably got all gitty with Geno Smith? 

So because we lack a QB we reach for Allen when we pretty much already have him on our roster in Hackenberg?

Yeah no thanks, luckily our GM doesn't think like that.

Archived