Falcons CB Desmond Trufant fined $12k for (whiffing on) punch to Michael Thomas

Dome

Not huge news, but it definitely made me smile lol

real question though.... if it’s an automatic ejection, why a fine rather than a suspension? Just cause he didn’t connect? Or is the act of throwing a punch what gets you the flag/fine?

I’m not at all advocating that he be suspended or anything, but we’ve seen other people ejected/suspended for fighting/throwing punches already this year and wondering what the actual rule is.

I never get why a guy would throw a punch to another guy wearing a helmet. Quite literally the dumbest thing you can do if you get into a scuffle on a football field - hit someone in the helmet, risk breaking your hand.

Genius, I tell you. Regular Mensa member...

22 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I never get why a guy would throw a punch to another guy wearing a helmet. Quite literally the dumbest thing you can do if you get into a scuffle on a football field - hit someone in the helmet, risk breaking your hand.

I just don't understand why they don't throw an uppercut.

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I thought it was ridiculous in hockey let alone football.

In hockey you can at least get under the helmet/shield and possibly get the helmet off.

Unless you're Roy Jones Jr., it's pretty hard to land an upper cut under a football facemask.

Archived