First Head Coach Replacement Rumor--Matt Patricia

Just Want A Title

I have doubts about Patricia. The Patriots are the only organization he's ever been with. At least McDaniels has been a HC before. I don't know if the state of the Lions right now is a good fit for a first-time HC.

I don't want to go through another rookie coach who gets two years to either catch fire or lose the fanbase.

I like the idea of Patricia or Vrabel. Keeping JBC as OC. I think it would be prudent of either of these coaches to hire a mature and experienced DC. Someone that has had experience as  HC and could be the Assistant HC. There is such a learning curve and the team is in "win now" mode. Stafford and the offense aren't really the problem. An improved defense with a running game and better protection for Stafford, we should be in much better shape.

I like the idea of Patricia or Vrabel. Keeping JBC as OC. I think it would be prudent of either of these coaches to hire a mature and experienced DC. Someone that has had experience as  HC and could be the Assistant HC. There is such a learning curve and the team is in "win now" mode. Stafford and the offense aren't really the problem. An improved defense with a running game and better protection for Stafford, we should be in much better shape.

Pats defense is one of the worst in the league this year from a yardage standpoint. They lack talent but you promote a coordinator that is able to over-achieve with lesser talent. I also haven't seen them develop a lot of their younger prospects recently. I haven't heard too much buzz about either Patricia or Vrabel as far as other team interests so it seems that Quinn may be relying on his roots too much if these guys are top candidates. You also have to consider who would be the DC under either of these guys? A current Pats positional coach? Hmmm...

The back up plan would be Vrabel or Wilks. If they go with Vrabel, we would need to get someone in with some prior experience as a HC or Assistant HC in some capacity. Let Vrabel be the rah rah, leader of men and have the coordinators do the scheming.

10 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

how about Greg Schiano for D cord if we go with Vrabel as hc.. also heard Matt Patricia still may be in play for us.

I actually would have no complaints about that. Brings exactly what I think he needs - a former HC that will help out on D. Let JBC run the offensive show. I wouldn't mind bringing in Tom Cable as OL Coach. Again, more experience and a track record of success. Learn from their mistakes and have good counsel.

Archived