Brandon Carr in 2018

sp6488

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

It's really $6M that we have to pay him each year we want him on the team (4.5 salary+1.5 roster bonus). The 4M savings figure is because the 2M from the signing bonus charged to 2019 and 2020 would move up, but that cap charge doesn't totally go away if he stays on the team.

But yes, I think he was worth $6M this year and we should keep him next year. 

I never understand much of the cap talk, but considering how we brought him in to be the iron horse (with the good and the bad) and he did exactly that + showed much better playmaking ability than he usually do. I was surprised how well he played, as I thought prior to the season that he would be much more of a liability in the Frank Walker mold. Both he and Humphrey proved me wrong.

With all the injury concerns we have, Carr's contract on paper doesn't seem that bad to me if it allow us to rest players on the opposite side as we did this year.

Unless Carr falls off a cliff this summer, I think the Ravens will look to keep him around. They finally addressed the secondary properly this year, and saw the benefits of it (even if those benefits would have been greater with a better DC), they'd be foolish to give that up.

Carr is a good starting CB, as long as he's not covering top WRs without help.

The Ravens will have Humphrey and Canady healthy, and Young coming back. Later, Jimmy and Jaylen Hill will return too. Not a huge amount of experience in that group, without Jimmy and Carr.

3 minutes ago, Mancunian Raven said:

Unless Carr falls off a cliff this summer, I think the Ravens will look to keep him around. They finally addressed the secondary properly this year, and saw the benefits of it (even if those benefits would have been greater with a better DC), they'd be foolish to give that up.

Carr is a good starting CB, as long as he's not covering top WRs without help.

The Ravens will have Humphrey and Canady healthy, and Young coming back. Later, Jimmy and Jaylen Hill will return too. Not a huge amount of experience in that group, without Jimmy and Carr.

Young is imo still the best we can put in the slot. Canady played well there, but I also like him as a multi tool for the defense where he can line up as outside corner, slot and safety and maybe dime/nickel.

Archived