2018 NFL Coaching Carousel Thread

Dr LBC

3 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

What's your opinion of this 

Not terrible.  As long as he's not calling plays he's a good guy to have on a staff.  But his play-calling and just gameplanning in general aren't up to snuff.  He's good technique and teaching guy, just not an X's and O's type.

On 1/3/2018 at 1:06 PM, vikingsrule said:

If anyone thinks that the Vikes defense is George Edwards doing, they are kidding themselves. Zimmer calls the plays on game day  and it's his scheme. I just have a hard time taking someone like Edwards seriously as a HC candidate but I'm sure he will get a lot of looks based on Zimmers success and to fulfill the Rooney rule.

I guess one can hope he’s learned under Zimmer? So there’s that.

Source tells me the Indianapolis Colts were all in on hiring Matt Nagy. Uncertainty on health of Andrew Luck vs Mitchell Trubisky + Nagy’s belief the Bears roster is much better made decision for him. “Pace landed him by convincing him sunny days are ahead for the Bears.”

After hearing the introductory press conference today, Nagy and Pace seemed to be two peas in a pod. Not surprised at all now why Nagy chose the Bears. Interesting nonetheless though.

5 minutes ago, The LBC said:

He had been on a one year contract last year and had drummed up interest from a number of teams including Green Bay and Seattle.

I had my doubts about the hire last year. Pettine, surprisingly enough, was my choice. But Bradley's scheme definitely fits the Chargers well. Now to get a linebacker and a DT.

Not sure how I feel about this guy,  he went 1-11 at Baylor after back to back 10 win seasons at Temple.

The Colts are supposed to interview Panthers DC Steve Wilks tomorrow and I think if they don’t announce a new HC by Saturday then their just to offer the job to McDaniels 

Archived