2018 NFL Coaching Carousel Thread

Dr LBC

2 hours ago, khodder said:

Flip is coming in for a second interview.

Munchak is coming in for a second interview.

They wanted a second interview with Shurmur

Haven't heard a peep on Flores.

Depends on who you read. Jurecki has been hard on Munchak being the guy the whole time, Somers is saying there aren't any second interviews scheduled at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, stallyns said:

cant make it official until after the Pats lose/win SB. But Matt Eberflus’ family and Rod Marinelli’s wife are already celebrating his new job in Indy. 

Who needs him ?? get out of here!! No I’m very happy for him. I always wanted Rod to pass the reigns to him when he was done 

17 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

why isn't the Saints OC getting more looks?

Ive wondered the same thing myself.  Hes been calling plays there for the last 5 years and continues to put up numbers. What im told is that there is a prevailing feeling around the league that he just doesnt command a lockerroom.  Great offensive mind just not hc material.

22 hours ago, GongKong said:

Funny to see and hear about the same retread getting fired and hired every year.

McDaniels at least is smart.  I would give him a second chance. All these other guys are more of the same.  Average at best. Horribad most likely. 

Shurmur is terrible coach. Not sure why you all are happy for Giants. They will suck under Shurmur.  

They others are just retreads including Gruden who basically is overrated. And been not working more than 30 hours a week for 9 years now. So he isn't even hungry either. I guess he is fun abd gives good interview. I expect him to Joe Gibbs it up. 

You and pretty much everybody else don’t even know what a good coach constitutes so honestly we should all take what you said with a grain of salt 

Jets now looking for new OC, Morton out in NY.

Haley an option as is internal hire (QB coach Jeremy Bates)

Wonder what that means for their QB search.  If they go Bates they could draft a guy, if they go Haley maybe that means they are going all in for Cousins.  Curious move since I thought he did pretty well last year given Josh McCown as the QB and our #1 WR Enunwa going down for the year in preseason.

24 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Jets now looking for new OC, Morton out in NY.

Haley an option as is internal hire (QB coach Jeremy Bates)

Wonder what that means for their QB search.  If they go Bates they could draft a guy, if they go Haley maybe that means they are going all in for Cousins.  Curious move since I thought he did pretty well last year given Josh McCown as the QB and our #1 WR Enunwa going down for the year in preseason.

So the Jets blocked Morton from taking a lateral hire in Oakland and then fired him two weeks later.  Total Richard move.  Personally, I hope karma comes back to bite them on this one.

22 hours ago, The LBC said:

So the Jets blocked Morton from taking a lateral hire in Oakland and then fired him two weeks later.  Total Richard move.  Personally, I hope karma comes back to bite them on this one.

We didn't block him from interviewing, in fact it's the opposite apparently we were hoping the raiders would nab him so we wouldn't have to fire him. 

19 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

We didn't block him from interviewing, in fact it's the opposite apparently we were hoping the raiders would nab him so we wouldn't have to fire him. 

Actually from what I've seen reported it's rather ambiguous.  Some speculating there was a block of sorts, some saying there wasn't.  The only really concrete thing we have is a very Parcells-ish (i.e. intentionally ambiguous; we see these quite a bit from Belichick) statement from Bowles about seeing where things stand when something more substantial than rumors presents itself.  It definitely could have been a soft-sell tactic, in that you don't want to act like you don't want the guy because that could make a potential suitor think twice about wanting them, but honestly don't (and may never) know.

Have to think with the current state of the Cardinals job either they're not enamoured with anyone, or their first choice is still coaching right now and they want to do more interviews.

I'd guess Flip is their top man as it stands, I'm going to guess they'll lean offense (Green,Whisenhunt,Arians) so that pushes him to the top of the pile.

Archived