2018 NFL Coaching Carousel Thread

Dr LBC

5 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I don't know how, but on the other hand, you can't just keep hiring a new staff every 1 or 2 years and expect things to get better either. 

It's not that hard to get better than 1-31...
They should go for a new coach.

20 minutes ago, SwedeCane said:

It's not that hard to get better than 1-31...
They should go for a new coach.

Oh I don't think he should stay either. I don't any coach should still have a job after going winless in anything.

But at the same time it's not as if he took over a team that was known for winning prior to his arrival either. You're talking about a franchise that has what....88 total wins in nearly 20 years and had just come off a 2 win season when they hired Jackson. And a big part of all that is the lack of any sort of stability in key positions so I could understand from that perspective as to why they're keeping Jackson. 

17 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Oh I don't think he should stay either. I don't any coach should still have a job after going winless in anything.

But at the same time it's not as if he took over a team that was known for winning prior to his arrival either. You're talking about a franchise that has what....88 total wins in nearly 20 years and had just come off a 2 win season when they hired Jackson. And a big part of all that is the lack of any sort of stability in key positions so I could understand from that perspective as to why they're keeping Jackson. 

Haslam is the same guy who fired Chud after one season of 4-12.

Hue certainly doesn't have the greatest talent to work with, and the talent that is on this team is mostly very young and inexperienced. But I do not believe this roster should have gone 0-16 - I don't think they're that depleted of talent. They have holes across the roster, and their inexperience certainly hurt them, but the two main things that caused them to go 0-16 were awful coaching and piss poor QB play.

3 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Toub makes sense considering Ballards connection from KC. Could be why they are moving so fast after the rumors that Toub was at the top of Chicago's list. 

I mean, they're not going to be able to avoid Toub getting an interview with Chicago.  KC plays Wild Card weekend and they'll have to satisfy the Rooney Rule.  Have to figure unless there's already a wink/nod agreement between Ballard/Toub (and one would think that would fly in the face of the spirit of the Rooney Rule), Toub's going to interview for both jobs at least.

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

Honestly, that move wouldn't give me the "warm fuzzies" if they hired him

I'd be disappointed. Hopeful, and obviously he has a great mind for the X and O aspect of the game, but in his interviews he can't keep my attention. How is he going to command a locker room? 

Archived