Jim Schwartz to interview for HC

Shockwave

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jim-schwartz-will-interview-for-giants-head-coaching-job-report/ar-BBHyFIG?li=BBnb7Kz

While his head coaching record is nothing special (29-51), Schwartz has taken over and repaired a desperate, broken team before.

He was hired by the Lions in 2009, one year after Detroit went 0-16.

By 2011, the Lions were in the playoffs for the first time since 1999.

Thoughts?

Can't claim any expertise on the situation, but I'm guessing they want to get a proven Head Coach, who can lead the entire team, rather than a plump, suave, smooth, boyish young coordinator promoted before he was ready. May be a while before they try that route again.

Perhaps similar to their hiring a proven-track-record crusty Old Pharte in Gettleman to be the GM, instead of some 29-year-old Whiz Kid with an advanced degree in Analytics wearing a beanie with a propeller on top. 

Image result for beanie with propeller

On 12/31/2017 at 12:00 PM, YogiBiz said:

What are the chances he brings DeFilippo with him as his OC? 

I think this very likely could happen. It's similar to the Chicago Bears situation in 2015 when they were interviewing Adam Gase for the HC job but then he ended up coming with John Fox as the OC. 

Seems to me, from an outside point of view, that Schwartz would be a rock solid hire for NYG. I think you guys need someone whose proven, has experience, and can change the culture in the locker room and get the franchise back on track. 

Archived