Week 17: New York Jets vs. New England Patriots - it's Hackening

jetskid007

I've been a huge Bowles supporter. Nonetheless, his resistance to playing Hack and his post game comments concerning that have run me thin. I am so angry that we didn't see him at all today.

Also, Petty might be the worse QB I've ever seen. He looks so bad.

If Hackenberg is really so bad that he can't replace Petty for a few series, that has got to be scary.

I agree with whoever said Petty has to be the worst QB they ever saw in the NFL. He makes Greg McElroy and Matt Simms look like Elway and Marino in comparison.

I feel like the Jets really need two QB's. Assuming McCown comes back, I'd be looking at taking one with the first choice and then again somewhere in the later rounds. They're already in the habit of double dipping at positions. Maybe like Allen in the first and Jackson with one of the seconds. Would be very Mac-like.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Fact is Hack should’ve started these last 2 games. Petty at that point had 5 starts and showed nothing. Turn the page. Bowles is 100% to blame. And it’s how clueless he is on offense that’s the root of it all. 

This is where I'm really 50/50. Don't know if it's just bad prospects or bad coaching, maybe even both. I do hate the fact that Hack didn't play at all again. That doesn't make sense

18 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

This is where I'm really 50/50. Don't know if it's just bad prospects or bad coaching, maybe even both. I do hate the fact that Hack didn't play at all again. That doesn't make sense

Could be neither. That they had a plan to not play in for 2 seasons. Regardless of wind or losses. I just think when you have back to back seasons like we have... to not play a 2nd Round investment for atleast a few games isn’t smart. Even if he’s awful. It’s answers that. I mean he can’t be any worse than Petty has been. And even if he is. So be it. Atleast we know then.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Could be neither. That they had a plan to not play in for 2 seasons. Regardless of wind or losses. I just think when you have back to back seasons like we have... to not play a 2nd Round investment for atleast a few games isn’t smart. Even if he’s awful. It’s answers that. I mean he can’t be any worse than Petty has been. And even if he is. So be it. Atleast we know then.

I have to agree. He's not giving him a shot to even develop. We're watching Mahomes (who comes from a tough offense to adapt from) get his first start in year one, but Hack can't get in at all. We should just offer him to the Texans for what ever we can get. We're wasting him at this point. 

I'm willing to put up with them deciding that playing Hack now will do more harm than good, even though I don't understand it. But that's only if they have used the opportunity to definitively say that Bryce Petty is not worth keeping around. He'll never be our starter, he won't win you any games as a fill-in backup, and he's not going to make the other QBs better. You just cannot go into the 2018 preseason with him on this roster.

Buster Skrine too. My god his cutting is way overdue.

And if they really want to make me happy, get an edge rusher and a good QB (Kirk Cousins would be nice, though I have no idea why he'd want to come here) and I'll give the offseason a thumbs up.

Archived