Bengals/Ravens

Beck Bristow

2 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

From the sound of Marvin's press conference today, I think he might be back next year as the coach. If that is the case, I am taking a year off. 

See, I really listened to what he was saying, and inferred quite a bit.

The whole bit about being on the same page.  I take that to mean he didn't want Ross (which I felt was true even on draft night at the stadium party...he literally showed no emotion talking about it at the podium) and that he was pissed they let Whit get away.  Think about it.  His biggest knock is that he always favors veterans over young, unproven players.  That move was all Mike Brown.  So I think part of Marvin's stipulation is almost to complete control over the roster and that he has final say on draft picks, especially early picks.

If he gets even more control, plus gets rid of the only holdover that he was forced to keep on staff (Alexander), then I'm fine with it.

I think we was ready to hand it off to one of his former assistants, but amazingly none of them got fired (Jackson, Joseph, Gruden)

31 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

See, I really listened to what he was saying, and inferred quite a bit.

The whole bit about being on the same page.  I take that to mean he didn't want Ross (which I felt was true even on draft night at the stadium party...he literally showed no emotion talking about it at the podium) and that he was pissed they let Whit get away.  Think about it.  His biggest knock is that he always favors veterans over young, unproven players.  That move was all Mike Brown.  So I think part of Marvin's stipulation is almost to complete control over the roster and that he has final say on draft picks, especially early picks.

If he gets even more control, plus gets rid of the only holdover that he was forced to keep on staff (Alexander), then I'm fine with it.

I think we was ready to hand it off to one of his former assistants, but amazingly none of them got fired (Jackson, Joseph, Gruden)

At this point I’m in favor of anything that reduces Mikey’s footprint on the team. I’m just tired of Marv’s Second half meltdowns.

Archived