Week 17 Discussion Thread

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, Starless said:

Rex Ryan and whatever the opposite of a Joe Flacco is.

I mean if you want to enjoy the Ravens loss in the best possible way, it's fine. But, blaming Joe Flacco tells me you didn't watch the game. 

...And I'm the one telling the Ravens forum we should draft a QB

Just now, wackywabbit said:

I mean if you want to enjoy the Ravens loss in the best possible way, it's fine. But, blaming Joe Flacco tells me you didn't watch the game. 

The question was how far they were from being a contender for the top spot in the AFC, not from being a playoff team. They can make the playoffs with Flacco, sure.

2 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Very unlikely with the way it's played most of the year.  The defense is much better than people realize though as they carried over their strong play at the end of last year and have come a top 5 to 8 defense this year.   If our offense scores over 20 points we are undefeated this year but if we score under 20 we have lost every game.   Thats you're key number is to keep our offense under 20 because our defense doesn't give up much more if any.  Im looking forward to it as i wanted the Falcons to play the Rams and Eagles big time i'll enjoy both games for sure.

Eh, I think we'll get ours. We've scored on some great defenses. My problem is that we struggle with offenses that can both run and pass the football (because we can't sell out to stop the run to make up for our bad run defense).

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

I believe the Falcons play the Rams in the wild card round.  I think one of the biggest advantages the Falcons have in that match-up is their experience.  The Rams are a really young team.  With that said, it's going to be an extremely difficult game.  The Rams are a really good team.

Yeah the Rams really are and another thing i was a little worried about is Lafleur knows our offense and Ryan quite well and the tendacies.  But Sark hasn't really kept the offense even close to the same so im not sure how much that would or will help at this point.  I wish we would have kept Lafleur over getting Sark as our OC.

Just now, wackywabbit said:

The post he responded to was in regards to Baltimore competing for a top seed. Not about today's game in particular. I think Flacco has been set-up to fail, personally, if we're being serious. But the offense was awful for most of the year. I think that was the point being made.

11 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Damn, nearly every Jags fan is terrified if facing the Titans.xD

Normally I wouldn't be. But it's clear you guys oddly have our number. I don't get it, but here we are lol.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Eh, I think we'll get ours. We've scored on some great defenses. My problem is that we struggle with offenses that can both run and pass the football (because we can't sell out to stop the run to make up for our bad run defense).

Not doubting you will get yours a bit that offense is too good not to.  But our defense is good enough to hold yall at or around 20 if our offense can do just enough to get some solid points and keep the ball out of your offenses hands all game.

Baltimore fans are the closest to Steelers fans in that they have ridiculous expectations for the defense. But like the Steelers up until a few years ago, the vast amount of resources were pumped into one side of the ball so I'd expect results. And I've seen enough of Peas to know that Ravens fans are right. He puckers up and blows leads way too often.

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

Baltimore fans are the closest to Steelers fans in that they have ridiculous expectations for the defense. But like the Steelers up until a few years ago, the vast amount of resources were pumped into one side of the ball so I'd expect results. And I've seen enough of Peas to know that Ravens fans are right. He puckers up and blows leads way too often.

tbf it took a choke job from cincy to put pees in the box seat to blow the lead

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

You could say he Pees them away...

2 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Not doubting you will get yours a bit that offense is too good not to.  But our defense is good enough to hold yall at or around 20 if our offense can do just enough to get some solid points and keep the ball out of your offenses hands all game.

It'll depend on your ability to stop Gurley. 

5 minutes ago, Starless said:

The question was how far they were from being a contender for the top spot in the AFC, not from being a playoff team. They can make the playoffs with Flacco, sure.

Top seed isn't important. Just got to get to the dance and get hot. Good luck to the 12 teams that have that shot.

Archived