Giants to pick #2 in 2018 NFL Draft

Acgott

45 minutes ago, GmenSeattle said:

Doesn't really matter.  Sounds like they want to keep Eli at QB.  If the Browns get set at QB then we're free to trade the #2 pick to whomever pays the highest price. :)  AKA picks.  Lots of picks.  We need them.  Sure, should probably nab a QB.  But it gives us tons of options.

I agree with you. I absolutely love Barkley. And want him badly but if he's off the board and you have teams like the Jets/Denver/ jags/ bills/ maybe San Diego wanting to jump up, we can walk away with Davis Webb and a handful of players in a very deep Oline draft. 

• 2 weeks later...

Reports coming out that the Bills love Josh Rosen and want to move up for him. If he's still there @ 2, what do you think it would take for the Bills to jump up?

20th overall pick (Bills 1st rounder) + 21st overall pick (KC 1st rounder) + Bills 2nd round pick + Rams 2nd round pick??

or

20th overall pick + 21st overall pick + 2nd round pick + 2019 1st round pick??

17 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Reports coming out that the Bills love Josh Rosen and want to move up for him. If he's still there @ 2, what do you think it would take for the Bills to jump up?

20th overall pick (Bills 1st rounder) + 21st overall pick (KC 1st rounder) + Bills 2nd round pick + Rams 2nd round pick??

or

20th overall pick + 21st overall pick + 2nd round pick + 2019 1st round pick??

Bills would need to trade both first, both seconds, and next year’s first to have a chance, and that still won’t be enough.

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

Bills would need to trade both first, both seconds, and next year’s first to have a chance, and that still won’t be enough.

The 2nd overall pick is super valuable this year. It would take too much for the Bills to move up. If the Giants move back, it won't be far. No sane team picking past pick 10 would give up what needs to be given up to get #2. 

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

The 2nd overall pick is super valuable this year. It would take too much for the Bills to move up. If the Giants move back, it won't be far. No sane team picking past pick 10 would give up what needs to be given up to get #2. 

What about this scenario, I've seen Bills writers talk about it but dominoes have to fall their way lol:

Bills trade : 20th overall pick, 21st overall pick, 2nd round pick and another 3rd rounder

to Denver for the 5th overall pick after Denver signs Cousins. Denver moves back 15 spots and picks up an additional 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

The Bills trade the 5th overall pick, 2018 2nd rounder, 2019 first rounder to Giants for #2?

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

What about this scenario, I've seen Bills writers talk about it but dominoes have to fall their way lol:

Bills trade : 20th overall pick, 21st overall pick, 2nd round pick and another 3rd rounder

to Denver for the 5th overall pick after Denver signs Cousins. Denver moves back 15 spots and picks up an additional 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

The Bills trade the 5th overall pick, 2018 2nd rounder, 2019 first rounder to Giants for #2?

The Broncos may accept as its good value for them, but that is still a huge drop for them. They may not want to fall that far. You are going from one probowler to 2 average starters in theory.

The Giants offer is short about another 3rd. They may accept it, but that is on the very low acceptance rate. There is a good chance someone would beat the Bills offer. This is for a QB, teams go all in for that.

Your best hope is Josh Rosen slips as Kiper has just predicted.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/2/21/17035842/mel-kiper-mock-draft-josh-allen-browns

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

The Broncos may accept as its good value for them, but that is still a huge drop for them. They may not want to fall that far. You are going from one probowler to 2 average starters in theory.

The Giants offer is short about another 3rd. They may accept it, but that is on the very low acceptance rate. There is a good chance someone would beat the Bills offer. This is for a QB, teams go all in for that.

Your best hope is Josh Rosen slips as Kiper has just predicted.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/2/21/17035842/mel-kiper-mock-draft-josh-allen-browns

In theory yes but there's a lot of factors that go into it (how deep is the draft, do you love someone at 5 compared to 20, how big is the drop off in talent from 5 to 20, etc)

Last year the Bills traded down from pick #10 all the way to #27 and selected Tre'Davious White, who was a top 7 CB this year and would probably be a top 5 pick if the draft was redone. So I get what you're saying but if John Elway believes in his talent evaluators you can still get studs in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd rounds; just a little harder to hit. On the flip side - the more picks you have, the more chances of hitting are.

I'm sure the Bills have been feeling the market out and the popular names that keep coming up in Buffalo rumors are the Giants, Colts and Broncos. We shall see :ph34r:

4 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

For me, it's either take Barkley at #2 or trade down to gain 4 extra 1st/2nd round picks. Anything else and I will be utterly disappointed.

As a Jet fan I agree with you, Barkley is a freak of nature, he is probably the best player in the draft. With his size and power and speed and character he could be the best runner in the draft in many years. They say he runs a 3.5 in the forty yard run that is insane. We will see if that is true in the upcoming combines. I would love to have your pick. As bad as the Jets need a QB it would be so hard to pass up on Barkley. Now I have to go back to my Jet board and see how we will screw up this years draft.

7 hours ago, doumeyer said:

As a Jet fan I agree with you, Barkley is a freak of nature, he is probably the best player in the draft. With his size and power and speed and character he could be the best runner in the draft in many years. They say he runs a 3.5 in the forty yard run that is insane. We will see if that is true in the upcoming combines. I would love to have your pick. As bad as the Jets need a QB it would be so hard to pass up on Barkley. Now I have to go back to my Jet board and see how we will screw up this years draft.

Who said that LMFAO

6 hours ago, GMENNATION said:

Who said that LMFAO

I think he meant 4.35 lol

And for those of you that are hellbent against a 1st round RB... I guarantee that all it takes it 2 games and he'll be your favorite player and you'll be rockin a Saquon Barkley sig with a #saquon4mvp hash tag.

An official 6'0" 233lb with 29 reps at the combine so far... That's a big boy with that kind of explosiveness ? If he runs a sub 4.4 tomorrow, which it looks like he will, you can BET Gettlemans phones gonna be ringing off the hook. This kid is like an Adrian Peterson/LaDainian Tomlinson hybrid.

Archived