Giants to pick #2 in 2018 NFL Draft

Acgott

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

I haven't heard anything about this, other than it is a possibility. 

Last I saw, it wasn't announced, and of course, maybe it won't happen at all. Hope it does, for you guys' sake...

3 minutes ago, Ohbeejay said:

Wow. They actually screwed themselves royally. Can't believe they doubled down on Eli. 

I don't mind them having faith in Eli so much. Just not sure about investing in a RB so early with a below average offensive line. Our best two offensive lineman right now is one of smallest centers in the NFL and an above average left tackle. Given the limited life of a running back in the NFL, just not sure how effective he will be.

If he is the next Adrian Peterson he will be worth it. From what little I have seen he looks more like the next Reggie Bush.

10 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

I don't mind them having faith in Eli so much. Just not sure about investing in a RB so early with a below average offensive line. Our best two offensive lineman right now is one of smallest centers in the NFL and an above average left tackle. Given the limited life of a running back in the NFL, just not sure how effective he will be.

If he is the next Adrian Peterson he will be worth it. From what little I have seen he looks more like the next Reggie Bush.

I think they go OL round 2 and 3. Possibly trade up from one of those spots.

Barkley is a David Johnson, leveon Bell type dual threat.  He’s worth the #2 pick.  It’s going to be awesome to see this guy on the field with OBJ and Engram.

That being said, they better be right about Eli having gas left in the tank.  Because if Darnold become a top 10 QB for the jets and the Eli era stutters to an end, fans will not forgive Gettleman.

32 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I think they go OL round 2 and 3. Possibly trade up from one of those spots.

I don't doubt that, but how many quality OL will be gone by then.

We should have traded down to #4 or #5 picked up Nelson, then used the the extra picks to move back into the first round and pick up a quality tackle. 

I think we would have been much better off accepting the offer of what the Jets gave to the Colts.

2 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

I don't doubt that, but how many quality OL will be gone by then.

We should have traded down to #4 or #5 picked up Nelson, then used the the extra picks to move back into the first round and pick up a quality tackle. 

I think we would have been much better off accepting the offer of what the Jets gave to the Colts.

There are a lot of good lineman in rounds 2 and 3. We have two 3rd rounders remember. 

Trading down is a two team deal. You need to find the a trade partner and find the right compensation. Also the Jets traded upwhile ago, we assumed that a better or similar offer would happen.

16 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Barkley is a David Johnson, leveon Bell type dual threat.  He’s worth the #2 pick.  It’s going to be awesome to see this guy on the field with OBJ and Engram.

This reminds a lot of about what people were saying when we signed Brandon Marshall. All flash 'Wow look at the potential!' But no substance 'Wow they still can't block anything.'  

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

There are a lot of good lineman in rounds 2 and 3. We have two 3rd rounders remember. 

I am sure we can pick up a good guard in the second round, but quality tackles are a rare commodity. There might be a quality tackle when we pick in the second round. I would not bet on one being there.

1 minute ago, Go_Giants said:

This reminds a lot of about what people were saying when we signed Brandon Marshall. All flash 'Wow look at the potential!' But no substance 'Wow they still can't block anything.'  

lmao smh did you really just compare an old Brandon Marshall to Saquon Barkley?! Barkley isn't just "flash." He produced behind a terrible o-line. Drafting a player also ISN'T just about talent. Remember, they learn everything there is to know about their prospects as a person. They loved Barkley from top to bottom. He's a true LEADER and the type of guy that will change your locker room - even if he had no talent... oh yeah and he also happens to be the Calvin Johnson of RBs.

4 minutes ago, w4rrior723 said:

lmao smh did you really just compare an old Brandon Marshall to Saquon Barkley?! Barkley isn't just "flash." He produced behind a terrible o-line. Drafting a player also ISN'T just about talent. Remember, they learn everything there is to know about their prospects as a person. They loved Barkley from top to bottom. He's a true LEADER and the type of guy that will change your locker room - even if he had no talent... oh yeah and he also happens to be the Calvin Johnson of RBs.

Of course I am not comparing Brandon Marshall to Saquon Barkley, I am comparing what people are saying about what our offensive should be last year, like they are saying what it should be now. When the offense line still can't block. 

I hope you right about his ability to produce behind a bad offensive line. It is one thing to do so on the college level, it is whole different world to do so in the NFL.

25 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Of course I am not comparing Brandon Marshall to Saquon Barkley, I am comparing what people are saying about what our offensive should be last year, like they are saying what it should be now. When the offense line still can't block.

I'll say it again, Orleans Darkwa ran for 750 yards on 4.5 ypc behind the Giants line while only getting carries in the second half of the year. If Saquon Barkley can't at least do better then that, then yeah, it's a bad pick. But I'm pretty confident he will.

26 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

It is one thing to do so on the college level, it is whole different world to do so in the NFL.

That's what people said about Aaron Donald, too. 

Archived