Jump to content
Acgott

Giants to pick #2 in 2018 NFL Draft

Recommended Posts

Love love love the pick. And Will Hernandez is sitting pretty for us there tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised or upset at all 3 picks tomorrow being OL. Hernandez, Crosby, and Cappa. Get those hog mollies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Love love love the pick. And Will Hernandez is sitting pretty for us there tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised or upset at all 3 picks tomorrow being OL. Hernandez, Crosby, and Cappa. Get those hog mollies. 

Yessss Hernandez would be an INCREDIBLE pick. Barkley+Hernandez instantly makes our running game 10000x better.

Harold Landry would be tempting, though. He's one of my favorite pass-rushers in this draft.

Edited by w4rrior723

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

This reminds a lot of about what people were saying when we signed Brandon Marshall. All flash 'Wow look at the potential!' But no substance 'Wow they still can't block anything.'  

Entirely new coaching and management regime, new offensive scheme, new LT/LG/C, and two new RB's I don't really think what happened last year is applicable anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shockey1979 said:

Entirely new coaching and management regime, new offensive scheme, new LT/LG/C, and two new RB's I don't really think what happened last year is applicable anymore.

I agree about the new coaching, I believe Mcadoo put us in position to lose last year.  And the  o-line has been upgraded  at LT and LG. I do not see our  current tiny center as an upgrade. I am very concerned about the future RT position. From what I have seen of what left of the OT (Joseph Noteboom and Orlando Brown) none of them look too good.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slowly warming up to the pick.  

I'm just happy that it wasn't a quarterback that the team drafted.  I really wanted Q. Nelson and still wishing it had been but after watching several highlight reels I'm looking forward to seeing him in blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

I agree about the new coaching, I believe Mcadoo put us in position to lose last year.  And the  o-line has been upgraded  at LT and LG. I do not see our  current tiny center as an upgrade. I am very concerned about the future RT position. From what I have seen of what left of the OT (Joseph Noteboom and Orlando Brown) none of them look too good.  

We can’t fix all our holes in one offseason. If we don’t address o-line tonight in some fashion then i understand your frustration because I would be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

Kinda surprised 2 out of the 3 picks tonight were defense

I think that they eyed more guys to go on offense but guys they liked were picked. We are pretty thin on the defensive front so we can’t just neglect it. Maybe we use early 4th on another interior.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan of the BJ Hill pick. A 1 gap DT?? With that high a pick we take a depth pick?? Why we pass on Tyrell Crosby or even Orlando Brown is questionable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need help everywhere, so I'm not really surprised we went defense. Carter is a legitimage edge guy and his talents will be maximized in this defense, coached by Bettcher and playing next to Ogletree. Gettleman apparently tried to trade up for him earlier. We don't have a guy like him in the roster, so I like this pick. 

Dont know enough about Hill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 10Manning10 said:

Not a fan of the BJ Hill pick. A 1 gap DT?? With that high a pick we take a depth pick?? Why we pass on Tyrell Crosby or even Orlando Brown is questionable. 

The thought is Tomlinson won't be the guy spelling Snacks when he comes off for a breather. Hill can do that. Gettleman loves his DTs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

We need help everywhere, so I'm not really surprised we went defense. Carter is a legitimage edge guy and his talents will be maximized in this defense, coached by Bettcher and playing next to Ogletree. Gettleman apparently tried to trade up for him earlier. We don't have a guy like him in the roster, so I like this pick. 

Dont know enough about Hill. 

Ya Carter was a solid selection. Im fine with that. But Hill is more than likely a rotational guy. I feel this a pick we couldve gotten in the 4th. In a draft where we have few picks we had to make each one count since its apparent DG and management are looking to win now. I get it that we need depth i just think that there were better selections for us at that pick. i thought for sure it would've been an oline prospect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody know whats going on with Tyrell Crosby ??? Seems like everyone is passing on him. Was there a medical issue ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×