Jordan Reed on PUP

MKnight82

41 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Per local radio here in Richmond.  Jordan Reed will start training camp on the PUP list, his injury was not disclosed.  The dude is so fragile he apparently found a way to get hurt in the offseason now.

Yeah it seems been all over the news here as well. Hopefully it's just to give him a rest before the season starts. They can take him off the pup at any time.

With Sprinkle, Paul & Carrier competing likely for just one spot I guess it's good because they'll get more reps. I just hope it's not serious.

Doc said it was turftoe.

Well hopefully it's not a big deal and he's just getting rest, which I'm all for. We need guys like him and our other stars to be healthy for the season.

I know this isn't a popular position amongst most Redskins fans but we can't forget that when Kirk & Paul were playing together the first 5/6 games of 2014 when Reed had a hamstring injury that Paul had 39 recs for 507 yds (13 yd avg) but just 1 TD.

Still, if Paul gets playing time he's shown an ability to stretch the field from the TE position and so has Vernon Davis. Neither are the route runner or have the hands that Jordan Reed does but they are definitely serviceable back ups, maybe even more than that and the same can be said of Carrier from what we saw from him in 2015 before he blew out his knee.

Paul is not the answer at TE if Reed is down and David doesn't have it. Frankly he shouldn't make the team considering that Sprinkle has been looking good. I don't care about special teams per se just because anyone can play that. It comes down to who fits the part and a 6'1 255 TE is not going to cut it against OG's that are pulling or the same size LB's. 

Paul is odd man out and idc about his past stats. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Well hopefully it's not a big deal and he's just getting rest, which I'm all for. We need guys like him and our other stars to be healthy for the season.

I know this isn't a popular position amongst most Redskins fans but we can't forget that when Kirk & Paul were playing together the first 5/6 games of 2014 when Reed had a hamstring injury that Paul had 39 recs for 507 yds (13 yd avg) but just 1 TD.

Still, if Paul gets playing time he's shown an ability to stretch the field from the TE position and so has Vernon Davis. Neither are the route runner or have the hands that Jordan Reed does but they are definitely serviceable back ups, maybe even more than that and the same can be said of Carrier from what we saw from him in 2015 before he blew out his knee.

Get out of here with that nonsense.  

10 hours ago, mike23md said:

Paul is not the answer at TE if Reed is down and David doesn't have it. Frankly he shouldn't make the team considering that Sprinkle has been looking good. I don't care about special teams per se just because anyone can play that. It comes down to who fits the part and a 6'1 255 TE is not going to cut it against OG's that are pulling or the same size LB's. 

Paul is odd man out and idc about his past stats. 

Sprinkle hasn't take one snap in our offense. Cooley said like a big oaf when he watched game film of him in college. He's got potential of developing into something but I wouldn't expect much out of him as a rookie. 

If Reed can't go, Paul makes it. He may make it anyways because of special teams,  if Sprinkle makes the team, there's a good chance he's inactive most of the season.

19 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Get out of here with that nonsense.  

Exactly. There is a reason why we traded for Carrier, drafted Sprinkle and still have Vernon Davis. 

Niles Paul is not a TE in this league, he does not have the size and can't stay on the field. If you cannot stay on the field, what good does being on Special Teams mean? 

Also, Samaje Perine has never played a snap in our offense, yet he is likely to see the field, right? Doesn't mean Sprinkle can't do much of the same. 

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Sprinkle hasn't take one snap in our offense. Cooley said like a big oaf when he watched game film of him in college. He's got potential of developing into something but I wouldn't expect much out of him as a rookie. 

If Reed can't go, Paul makes it. He may make it anyways because of special teams,  if Sprinkle makes the team, there's a good chance he's inactive most of the season.

Turtle, open your eyes dude. There is a reason why we have gotten bigger at WR and continued to add taller receiving options. Paul, at 6'1 would only make the team if he was giving Allen happy endings in his office. He can't stay healthy and his production was not great anyway. Vernon Davis makes up for that. Sprinkle can develop and I would be ok with him being inactive as long as he then becomes the replacement for Davis at some point, or just a viable receiving option in the redzone or goal line situations. 

Paul is on his way out. 

Does Samaje Perine have to play a snap in our offense in order to start? In order to even be active? Does he have to be on ST's to play? Don't think so. Sprinkle will work his way in throughout the season. 

Frankly, Sprinkle could have gone a lot higher if it was not for the off the field issue. Talent is there, mental aspect needs work. 

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

Exactly. There is a reason why we traded for Carrier, drafted Sprinkle and still have Vernon Davis. 

Niles Paul is not a TE in this league, he does not have the size and can't stay on the field. If you cannot stay on the field, what good does being on Special Teams mean? 

Also, Samaje Perine has never played a snap in our offense, yet he is likely to see the field, right? Doesn't mean Sprinkle can't do much of the same. 

That's because of injuries. We traded for Carrier after Paul & Logan Paulsen - who we still miss as a run blocker - got injuried.

We drafted Sprinkle because Paul has been hurt the last two years and Carrier tore two ligaments in his knee in 2015. 

I don't necessarily think Sprinkle is a lock to make the 53 man roster and I don't think it's a lock that the other two don't make it. It's going to be a good competition between the three of them for one or two spots.

Archived