Jump to content
MKnight82

Jordan Reed on PUP

30 posts in this topic

MKnight82    42
Just now, mike23md said:

 

And I'm saying the Redskins prepared for this by drafting Sprinkle. 

I've been saying this for years, Niles Paul is mediocre at everything.  That doesn't somehow add up to being good.  You can't call a player "versatile" if he doesn't do any of them particularly well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woz    37
1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I've been saying this for years, Niles Paul is mediocre at everything.  That doesn't somehow add up to being good.  You can't call a player "versatile" if he doesn't do any of them particularly well.  

He's a solid contributor on special teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woz    37

While it's mildly concerning that Reed is out, look at the upside: the other four guys get a better chance of making their case for the roster. If Jeremy Sprinkle can out play Paul and Carrier, then he wins the job. If Niles shows off, then give him the nod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MKnight82    42
2 hours ago, Woz said:

He's a solid contributor on special teams.

He's been on some of the statistically worst special teams units in the history of the NFL.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woz    37
21 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He's been on some of the statistically worst special teams units in the history of the NFL.  

And in the last couple of years, they've been one of the best. That was a coaching issue and you know it. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MKnight82    42
Just now, Woz said:

And in the last couple of years, they've been one of the best. That was a coaching issue and you know it. :P

Errr, Niles Paul has been injured the last couple of years.  O.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woz    37
Just now, MKnight82 said:

Errr, Niles Paul has been injured the last couple of years.  O.o

That was just last year, as I recall. When I get home, if you want, I'll go through the ST DVOA for the past ten years to see how they've done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MKnight82    42
Just now, Woz said:

That was just last year, as I recall. When I get home, if you want, I'll go through the ST DVOA for the past ten years to see how they've done.

Fine I'll go grab a six pack and plan to rant at your findings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woz    37
Just now, MKnight82 said:

Fine I'll go grab a six pack and plan to rant at your findings.

You, rant at my findings?! Heavens to Betsy!! :D

 

At the end of the day, we've got Vernon Davis, Niles Paul, Derek Carrier, and Jeremy Sprinkle. While none of them is as dynamic a receiver as Reed, I think any of them can probably get the job done. Does it suck to lose our all star TE? Absolutely. I'm not panicking about it, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MKnight82    42
3 minutes ago, Woz said:

You, rant at my findings?! Heavens to Betsy!! :D

 

At the end of the day, we've got Vernon Davis, Niles Paul, Derek Carrier, and Jeremy Sprinkle. While none of them is as dynamic a receiver as Reed, I think any of them can probably get the job done. Does it suck to lose our all star TE? Absolutely. I'm not panicking about it, though.

Under the new coaching staff the TEs have to be able to play the traditional FB role.  Niles Paul can't do that, he's a terrible blocker and undersized.  Sprinkle should easily replace him on the roster.  Niles Paul is the kind of crappy player that we will cut and he'll be out of the league because no one else is going to want him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
turtle28    17

Practice Notes: 2017 #SkinsCamp, Day 2 http://www.redskins.com/news/article-1/Practice-Notes-2017-SkinsCamp-Day-2/eb2a94a2-cd9f-47be-a0fa-ebb82fc9b278

 

 

Derek Carrier has an ankle sprain. Maurice Harris has a knee strain.

A few things if note. Holsey had two ints today, one of Sudfeld on a deep ball and one on Colt McCoy.

Stacy McGee had an int on a pass Cousins tried to throw away that bounced off a lineman's leg. Kinda weird, I wish I could see a video of it. Sounds funny! 😂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woz    37
16 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Practice Notes: 2017 #SkinsCamp, Day 2 http://www.redskins.com/news/article-1/Practice-Notes-2017-SkinsCamp-Day-2/eb2a94a2-cd9f-47be-a0fa-ebb82fc9b278

 

 

Derek Carrier has an ankle sprain. Maurice Harris has a knee strain.

A few things if note. Holsey had two ints today, one of Sudfeld on a deep ball and one on Colt McCoy.

Stacy McGee had an int on a pass Cousins tried to throw away that bounced off a lineman's leg. Kinda weird, I wish I could see a video of it. Sounds funny! 😂

 

Carrier and Harris could push themselves before they are ready in order to make the roster. While I don't really care all that much for Derek Carrier, I'd rather not see Harris ruin his shot as I think he could be a decent backup receiver/gunner.

Props to Holsey, but they did come from the backup quarterbacks.

I'm not sure how you throw a ball away and bounce it off a leg. I guess it was an errant spike?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
turtle28    17
Posted (edited)

 It sure is a shame about Harris' knee sprain woz. I wish I could have seen a video. Im having trouble picturing the Kirk int as well.

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woz    37

If it's been lingering since the end of last season, then park him on the PUP and tell him to sit his tail on a couch keeping weight off his foot. That's the only way it is going to heal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×