Season recap

Ty21

So I missed like the entire season cause the first half I worked sundays and the second half I didn't have cable so I have questions 

Who looked good on offense defense and ST

Who looked particularly bad

Who needs replaced

What will be the team's most significant needs outside of WR

Why do you hate me when all I ever show you is love

whos going to tell my mom 

what am I going to do with 10,000 John Dorian chief resident business cards

Pretty much Cohen. Trubisky made progress and Shaheen was making progress until he got injured.

WR's, ILB when Trevathan wasn't in there.

Who needs replaced

Starter opposite Trevathan, Prince should be replaced, and interior OL.

Pass Rush OLB, CB, OL

I don't hate much

She's already been told, last night.

Yes

Cohen/Trubisky both showed great flashes.... Howard was really hot/cold, Shaheen started coming around towards the end when actually given chances.

Jackson/Amos honestly where two of the bright spots defensively, Akiem Hicks is a monster, Freeman and Trevethan where significantly better than the rest (and I'd personally try to keep Freeman even despite his PED issues, if only to avoid creating other needs)... And Fuller came out of no where to finally start playing up to his draft status.

WR's where non existent...

Pass rush felt pretty weak...

Our running game, was quite frequently shut down viciously (though much of that is also on the lack of a passing game)... 3rd down defense FELT poor in general (though I that's a feeling)....

Overall discipline/# of penalties was outragous

Who needs replaced

1-2 Starting WRs (depending on if you believe either Wright/White belong on the field next to Cam Meredith and the first receiver we need to get in the offseason).... Personally, I'd be willing to replace every WR save Meredith (and White, but he'd only be given a chance because he costs more to cut... regardless I fully expect him to end on IR again... Kid's just made of glass)

RT is a weakness, Backup C/OG needs a complete overhaul (and it's quite arguable that we could look to start replacing one or both of our OGs given their age and escalating injury problems)...Backup OT.

Our most reliable OLB right now is a guy we cut before the season (Houston)...Outside of him (who I think is on a short term deal right now anyhow, and would have to be resigned for next season) we only have Floyd, a guy who's shown SOME potential, but can't seem to stay off IR or actually reach said potential when on the field.  It's a fairly dire need overall, only overshadowed by our complete lack of WRs, and that honestly only gets precedence because of Trubisky/his development.

WR >>>> OLB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CB/OL>>>>K>>> MLB /TE

And competent coaching.

8 hours ago, Tyty said:

So I missed like the entire season cause the first half I worked sundays and the second half I didn't have cable so I have questions 

Trubisky has the chiseled  jawline and Cohen is nicknamed "big daddy". LeBlanc has the best hair on defense, and Pat O'Donnell's eyebrows are almost touching now, matching the sea level rising. 

Glennon automatically should be unattractive due to being another species. Even in Mexico a "giraffe show" would flop. Trevathan's eyes are way too far apart, an oddity as nature usually dictates animals with vision views THAT wide are primary prey. Barth has a terrible beard, looks like the uncle that drinks too many Stags then accuses you of stealing his Pallmalls even though you don't smoke. Fox seems to have a love affair with Bellamy, explaining his playing time and why he smells of astroglide and shame.

Who needs replaced

White would be better off and less injury prone if his legs were amputated and he just Lieutenant Dan'd it out there. He seems to like walking for 6 months of the year so he is my 2nd choice. Marcus Cooper earned the nickname "Mini Cooper" for more than his choice of car.

We desperately need to get Nigel Gruff from the Sentinels.

The restraining order explained enough. 

IDK but when you find her I have a subpoena for her.

Stocking stuffer for all of your friends, If you give one to all your friends every year, then they will be gone in only 2,000 years!

4 minutes ago, Tyty said:

How did Leonard Floyd look?

He looked pretty good as the season went on, noticeably better vs the run than in 2016. Still had issues with finishing sacks at times though. Probably missed on 4-5 sacks through the year from the QB stepping up, him overrunning it etc, 1 was a clear missed hold. He might have been even more productive but was in pass coverage and run primary responsibilities too damn much.At one point early he was in coverage around 15% of his snaps and in a run role over 45%, so he was rushing the passer on less than half his opportunities.

With a real passrusher opposite of him and a more direct role like Mack, Miller, or Houston  I think he would have a breakout year.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

He looked pretty good as the season went on, noticeably better vs the run than in 2016. Still had issues with finishing sacks at times though. Probably missed on 4-5 sacks through the year from the QB stepping up, him overrunning it etc, 1 was a clear missed hold. He might have been even more productive but was in pass coverage and run primary responsibilities too damn much.At one point early he was in coverage around 15% of his snaps and in a run role over 45%, so he was rushing the passer on less than half his opportunities.

With a real passrusher opposite of him and a more direct role like Mack, Miller, or Houston  I think he would have a breakout year.

This is what I think also, that dominant consistent pass rusher opposite him could easily put the defense into the top 5 of the league.

Archived