SpanosPayYourRent

Which Team?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s worse

• Lions (2008)
    • Browns (2017)

On 1/3/2018 at 8:35 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

The Lions didnt trade down instead of taking a franchise QB.......twice 

This has nothing to do with them having a worse roster. 

Browns would beat the 2008 Lions. Browns weren't as bad as the 0-16 record led people to believe. They were in a ton of close games against good teams. Now we aren't more than a 2-win team with some lucky bounces, but we weren't nearly as poor as 0-16 indicates. Plus our entire team was basically comprised of 21-23 year olds whereas that Lions team was significantly older. The Browns had a pretty good defense this season--their QB play was just THAT bad. And their coaching was horrible. We got beat doing the same things over and over and over again.

I am pretty sure the Browns would beat the 2008 Lions, but I am 100% sure this Browns roster has more talent on it than the Lions roster did in 2008.

On 1/2/2018 at 8:48 PM, chargerbuckeye said:

kizer is better than the qb detroit had in 2008

I don't know how this is possible, but you might be right. Kizer is hilariously bad, but I might take him over what Detroit had.

Kevin Smith was nice for Detroit that year though. I always thought he was going to be a star in the NFL.

The Lions were in far better shape for their future than the Browns are. The Detroit owner would die soon leaving the franchise in far better hands, while the Browns could be stuck with their totally incompetent owner for the next 50 years, an ugly thing to contemplate!!!

Archived