Colts fire Pagano

Wyld Stallyns

WE-E-ELLLLLLL, it's all very sad. Lot of emotion, lot of tears, and love, after Chuck Pagano's Last Game at the helm of the INDIANAPOLIS COLTS. How right, how just, how marvelous that the Colts rallied to win Chuck's last game, sending him off the field with a victory!!

"Chuck Pagano provided Colts fans with many exciting wins and memories as head coach of the Colts," Colts owner Jim Irsay said in a statement. "Throughout his tenure in Indianapolis, he impacted the lives of the players he coached, those who he worked with in the organization and Colts fans across the globe. ... We are thankful for Chuck's contributions to our franchise and community and we wish him, Tina and the entire Pagano family nothing but the best moving forward."

Gosh, was that a warm and touching farewell, or what?

Pagano went out with a 22-13 win over the Houston Texans, and after the game, Irsay presented him with the game ball. :(:(:(:(

"It would have been real easy for these guys to throw in the towel, but they never quit," an emotional Pagano said after the game, before the firing had been announced. "That's my football family in there. It's always been about relationships. It's always been about love with me. It's always been about connection. The price of love is sometimes you have to say goodbye.

Love means never having to say you're sorry........

Sunday, Jacoby Brissett threw for one touchdown and Marlon Mackran for another in the Colts' win. Pagano had tears in his eyes as he left the field, and he talked about what those final minutes on the field meant to him.

"We do this for those five minutes," Pagano said. "We got to enjoy those five minutes. The blood, the sweat, the tears, all the sacrifices that you make ... it's really, really hard to win a game in the NFL, a game.

"That's why we do it, why you keep coming back, why you compete, prepare, fight, and scratch and claw and keep digging -- for those five minutes. And those five minutes we just had was the best five minutes of my life."

My Goodness, I thought I was going to bawl!

Fare thee well, Pags- we'll ne'er forget ye!!!

Think Pagano deserves appreciation. He did a good job here and got us far in the playoffs but Ballard wants his own coach so the ,move was expected.

Josh McD and Matt Nagy appear to be the early front runners. Basically we're after an offensive coach who can take a returning Luck to the top of his potential.

3 hours ago, stallyns said:

Ballard and Irsay had their presser about Pagano firing and the search process for the next Head Coach. 

They admitted that the Week 7 shutout loss to Jacksonville was the point of no return as far as Pagano’s fate was concerned. 

I applaud Mr. Irsay's patience to not overreact mid season. That is VERY attractive to the next coach or future coaches. A lot of unknowing Colt fans screamed for his head during the year. Would have given the Colts an impatient reputation. 

Archived