With the 5th pick in the NFL draft the Broncos select....

Wolzen

8 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

I don't agree. His accuracy and frame are big red flags. 

frame: 6-2, 216......Kirk Cousins: 6'3 214 lbs..... etc etc etc

Accuracy: 

Jackson has a similar adjusted completion percentage to Rosen (1.3% less) and close to 8% higher than Allen. 

FWIW, with BUF moving up, I think we have to recognize that the potential that 3 QB's could go in the first 4 picks is now a LOT more likely.

So, Elway may be forced to decide if he's happy enough with the 4th QB at 1.5 (Mayfield most likely at this stage), or he wants to move up to 1.3 (wouldn't cost us our 2019 1st, but would likely cost more than 2.7, given the demand - IND may want to move only to 5 so they can keep Chubb, however).    

Either way, to be clear - I want NO PART of Keenum as a long-term solution.  I would much rather gamble on Mayfield than go with Keenum (to be clear, it's still Rosen/Darnold for me as the top 2, and then there's a drop).  Why?  Because of how cheap QB savings would be - it would allow us to fill the roster holes we desperately need to address.  To be clear, we would also be more ready for 2019 than 2018...but that's the case with Keenum, or with a rookie.   

But the scenario where Rosen or Darnold fall to us at 1.5 is likely a pipe dream.   BUF will want to move up to 1.3 or 1.4 if we stand pat.   Now, if Elway is OK with Allen/Mayfield at 1.5, then he doesn't have to do anything.  But while Barkley/Chubb were very realistic top 5 picks with NYG/IND/CLE owning all 4 picks ahead of us, that changes dramatically with BUF in the mix - they have the firepower with 1.12, 1.22, 2.56, 2.58 and 3.65 to move up to 1.4/1.3 (although 1.3 or 1.2 would likely cost them a lot more than 1.4).   

The draft top 5 order just got a LOT more interesting to try and figure out. 

A very interesting tweet I saw today from Tony Pauline- with the news of Andrew Norwell likely signing with Jacksonville, this throws a wrench in the Giants plans, and, as Pauline noted, may force them to change their draft strategy. That could signal drafting Nelson at 2, although that seems insane to me. Maybe they just sign Sitton again, but it does bear watching, especially if the Giants plan is to load up the OL in FA and go from there.

10 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

A very interesting tweet I saw today from Tony Pauline- with the news of Andrew Norwell likely signing with Jacksonville, this throws a wrench in the Giants plans, and, as Pauline noted, may force them to change their draft strategy. That could signal drafting Nelson at 2, although that seems insane to me. Maybe they just sign Sitton again, but it does bear watching, especially if the Giants plan is to load up the OL in FA and go from there.

1 - Barkley

2 - Nelson

3- Chubb

4 - Allen?

5 - ????

I could see a few scenarios, but it would be interesting if:

1. Cleveland- Darnold

2. Giants- Rosen

3. Bills (trade)- Allen

4. Cleveland- Barkley?

5. Denver- ???

In that case, it gets very interesting at 4. Does Cleveland take Barkley? Do they take Chubb/Fitzpatrick/another defender? I think the possibility that 3 QBs go in the first 3 picks is very real, frankly. That's probably why Denver took Keenum in FA, because they think we might have an issue. But what do you do in the above if Chubb/Barkley/Nelson are there at 5? Do we trade down? Do we draft Baker. That's the scenario that particularly intrigues me.

4 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

1. Cleveland- Darnold

2. Giants- Rosen

3. Bills (trade)- Allen

4. Cleveland- Barkley?

5. Denver- ???

In that case, it gets very interesting at 4. Does Cleveland take Barkley? Do they take Chubb/Fitzpatrick/another defender? I think the possibility that 3 QBs go in the first 3 picks is very real, frankly. That's probably why Denver took Keenum in FA, because they think we might have an issue. But what do you do in the above if Chubb/Barkley/Nelson are there at 5? Do we trade down? Do we draft Baker. That's the scenario that particularly intrigues me.

I think it depends on your evaluation of Baker.  No way he gets past the jets in that scenario 

10 minutes ago, brncos4life said:

I don't want a qb at 5. bpa imo. depends on how elway feels about lynch. lynch hadn't had a big opportunity. could still be good.  would love minkah or trade down. we have plenty of picks

It can be Nelson, Minkah, Ward, Edmunds. A trade down and select Hernandez, or another lineman so many options . I doubt elway goes Bama.

10 minutes ago, brncos4life said:

I don't want a qb at 5. bpa imo. depends on how elway feels about lynch. lynch hadn't had a big opportunity. could still be good.  would love minkah or trade down. we have plenty of picks

You think Keenum will be there for the next 5 years and play at high level ? lol

Having a top 5 picks (not often for Denver) this year....and no take a QB is a terrible mistake. We are in the mediocrity for the next 5/6 years cause our FO panic 

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

1. Cleveland- Darnold

2. Giants- Rosen

3. Bills (trade)- Allen

4. Cleveland- Barkley?

5. Denver- ???

I think QB's will be going off the board like crazy with the first 6 picks...maybe an outlier, but teams will be jockeying. 

15 minutes ago, brncos4life said:

We have 11 picks already.   We have to concentrate our picks and get more impact players.   Trading down and passing on Nelson would be a massive mistake if we aren't going QB.   If Nelson and Barkley are gone by 1.5 it would be a massive mistake to pass on the QB who's there.    The only way I object to QB is it's Allen at 1.5 TBH.   Everyone else we get QB or not has such a safe floor, and the ceilings for Darnold/Rosen/Nelson are massive.   

Archived