With the 5th pick in the NFL draft the Broncos select....

Wolzen

Josh Allen, because it's Elway wanting the big QB with the big arm.  I think he will try to draw water from that well one more time.  He won't pay Cousins...I mean, he won't fire VJ because that means he'd have to eat three years for salary.  

But, for plan B for the fifth pick...if he is available Barkley makes a lot of sense.  

My choice would be to trade back and draft Roquan Smith and Mayfield later in the 1st. 

Agree with everyone about not signing Cousins. This season has shown he's not someone you can depend on as a franchise QB and yesterday's game against a poor Giants D was the exclamation point on that. Can't see Washington tagging him again so he'll likely hit free agency but he won't get the money he's been used to in DC.

If we want Barkley I feel we'd have to trade up past Indy. I feel he's one of the guys Indy are looking at and even if he gets past them, the Browns would surely snag him at 4 considering they pick their QB of the future at 1. 

It might be a reach but if Elway has a QB he likes, he should take him at 5. This season has shown how much we need a QB of the future and we can't risk not getting one by messing around trading down.

2 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

For now thats his spot but i bet his stock will be much higher after the college playoffs and the Senior Bowl week not to mention Combine's interview as this guy is a leader..

I disagree his hand size,height, weight, speed will get picked a part. Than at the senior bowl in a pro style offense thats a huge test. Doubt he aces it all.

His stock can rise due to the playoff but thats it. If he passed everything flying colors he would ve the first qb taken. 

2 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

Lynch played only 4 games right ? He could deserve another year. Sign Bradford on a one year deal and draft Nelson to make a Bolles-Nelson-Paradis-Leary-New RT line 

I would also agree with this. Lynch really hasn't had the opportunity to play and get better. I don't think his game yesterday was horrible, however the turnovers must get cleaned up.

57 minutes ago, Wolzen said:

I would also agree with this. Lynch really hasn't had the opportunity to play and get better. I don't think his game yesterday was horrible, however the turnovers must get cleaned up.

Lynch pocket awareness is nil and his read progression is slow as molasses.  At 2 years this is a huge problem.   The strip sack TD was all on his lack of pocket awareness as well as at least 1 other sack.  His pick was a late read where he was at least 2 beats behind.   What’s worse is that there isn’t any improvement.   And this was against the KC second-string D.   It really looks like a lost cause given 2 full seasons have passed. 

No matter what we do with 1.5 Lynch didn’t do anything to give pause to our need for a different solution long term to count on.  

53 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I disagree his hand size,height, weight, speed will get picked a part. Than at the senior bowl in a pro style offense thats a huge test. Doubt he aces it all.

His stock can rise due to the playoff but thats it. If he passed everything flying colors he would ve the first qb taken. 

I think he is throwing very well with his Kangarro hands :) Even if Dan Patrick disagree. Height/Weight and built very similar to Russell Wilson i think..

8 hours ago, Counselor said:

Nope. Mayfield saves the franchise and wins a super bowl

I like Mayfield probably as much as you do, but no way you take him at 5.  I'm a huge believer of BPA, ESPECIALLY  in the first.  Only exception is if you have a QB you want, you take him.  But you have to make an effort to get him at least CLOSE to his positional value, which for Mayfield is likely in the 20's. If Mayfield's Elways guy, he has to either trade back into the teens and Stockpile picks or go BPA at 5 and trade the farm to get back into the late teens/early 20's.  anything else for Mayfield (and I really like Mayfield) is criminal negligence on Elway's part.

1 hour ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

I like Mayfield probably as much as you do, but no way you take him at 5.  I'm a huge believer of BPA, ESPECIALLY  in the first.  Only exception is if you have a QB you want, you take him.  But you have to make an effort to get him at least CLOSE to his positional value, which for Mayfield is likely in the 20's. If Mayfield's Elways guy, he has to either trade back into the teens and Stockpile picks or go BPA at 5 and trade the farm to get back into the late teens/early 20's.  anything else for Mayfield (and I really like Mayfield) is criminal negligence on Elway's part.

If Nelson is there when we pick he'd be my guy. Lots of folks would freak out about drafting interior OL this high but this kid is probably the most dominant player in college. It'd be great if we could trade down a couple of slots and still get him, but that's iffy.

I'd love to see him paired with Bolles for the next decade or so.

5 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Josh Allen, because it's Elway wanting the big QB with the big arm.  I think he will try to draw water from that well one more time.  He won't pay Cousins...I mean, he won't fire VJ because that means he'd have to eat three years for salary.  

But, for plan B for the fifth pick...if he is available Barkley makes a lot of sense.  

My choice would be to trade back and draft Roquan Smith and Mayfield later in the 1st. 

Can't trade back too far. Roq won't get past   Oakland at 10.

2 hours ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

I'm okay with taking the kid at 5. Probably the only one of us that is. 

All signs are pointing to Elway signing a starting caliber QB, IMO. It's just gonna be interesting to see how much money they want to spend and how they want to get there. I think all of us would be okay with Cousins in a vacuum, but with the moves that need to be made to get him I'm not into it. And don't think he's worth 20m+ a year. I think Tyrod is the best option with price involved, but we all know Elway likes to swing for the fences. Gonna be interesting. Is Alex Smith going to be available? Mahomes is gonna be an absolute stud. Loved him going into the draft. 

Archived