With the 5th pick in the NFL draft the Broncos select....

Wolzen

3 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I will buy a six pack of Old Chubb if we draft.  I will buy two six packs if the Broncos draft Bradley and Nick Chubbs.  We will just be the Denver Chubbs. 

Maybe we should do that and then Joe Ellis can ask Oskar Blues if they want to pony up $25m for stadium naming rights. 

Oskar Blues Stadium at Mile High. It could be a lot worse. 

3 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

Pipe dream but IF Barkley is there at #5, and then get Lamar Jackson at 2.7 (I know he probably doesn't make it that far) we could put out a very unique and unseen offense on the field

If Jackson gets to the 20's then someone is trading back in, and quite frankly I'm not opposed to it being us. In fact I'll go as far to say I'd RATHER trade up for him than just see him fall to 2.7 because I think the 5th year option is more valuable than the 3rd or 4th round pick it would cost us to jump into the tail end of round 1.

How  About trade back to 12 and draft him. And then have the 22nd pick to draft a tackle or guard. And pick up an extra couple of 2's.  It's in the 2nd round pick up your running back and 2 wide receivers maybe…

14 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Maybe we should do that and then Joe Ellis can ask Oskar Blues if they want to pony up $25m for stadium naming rights. 

Oskar Blues Stadium at Mile High. It could be a lot worse. 

Dale's Pale Ale Stadium at Mama's Little Yella Pils Field. Sounds like a hit!

25 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Dale's Pale Ale Stadium at Mama's Little Yella Pils Field. Sounds like a hit!

I am guessing there would be very few of us complaining about that in this forum.  I just know that between Dale's and Old Chubb, I can get a pretty good buzz after just two of those beers.  

John Clayton said this morning that Darnold's pro day @ USC solidified him at 1.1 and the Jason Pierre-Paul trade this morning solidifies Bradley Chubb to the NYG @ 1.2.

This opens up the door for the NYJ to decide between the Joshes at 1.3 (which rumor has it that they prefer Allen to Rosen...but who knows).

Now there appears to be legitimate hope that Rosen could fall to 1.4 or 1.5. Does anyone have any idea what kind of compensation it would take to move up from 1.5 to 1.4? Just to assure that Buffalo doesn't leapfrog us?

With the G-men trading JPP to the Bucs for a 3rd rounder (they swapped 5 spots in Rd 4 lol too but let's face it the 3rd rounder was the price), they now have 6 picks.  I think the chances of us getting Chubb just went poof.

The G-men have been saying all the time they're happy with Eli at QB for 2+ seasons - I think that's absolutely the wrong move, but it's becoming more and more likely this isn't a smokescreen.   Remember, everyone knows that CLE is going QB at 1.1 now with the Hyde FA signing, and NYJ moving up to 1.3.   So there is no reason for NYG to be playing games at saying they won't take a QB - if anything, they'd drive the price up for a buyer if they said they wanted a QB.  

I think the G-men going Chubb at 1.2 is a lock - or they trade down and take Chubb.  The reason why I don't think they trade down to 1.5 is that Chubb could easily go to CLE at 1.4 (CLE's alternate scenario is trading down with BUF to get 1.12 LT and 1.22 CB or vice-versa, although I doubt CB Ward is there at 1.12, then it makes little sense to go that early, whereas LT could be 1st off the board then).

Either way, I think we are looking at QB (improves chances that Rosen falls to 1.5), Barkley or Nelson at 1.5 now.

You could say the G-men really showed their hand here with this deal.  ;)

30 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

John Clayton said this morning that Darnold's pro day @ USC solidified him at 1.1 and the Jason Pierre-Paul trade this morning solidifies Bradley Chubb to the NYG @ 1.2.

This opens up the door for the NYJ to decide between the Joshes at 1.3 (which rumor has it that they prefer Allen to Rosen...but who knows).

Now there appears to be legitimate hope that Rosen could fall to 1.4 or 1.5. Does anyone have any idea what kind of compensation it would take to move up from 1.5 to 1.4? Just to assure that Buffalo doesn't leapfrog us?

It doesn't really matter what the book says - we'd have to beat whatever offer BUF is offering to tempt CLE.  And on that count BUF has us beat.  The major reason CLE could want to trade with us is they want to stay in the top 5 - but in their shoes, it sure looks like they'd like both a Joe Thomas LT replacement (where going top 10 is not good value) and another CB (top 20-25 pick should get them the 2nd/3rd CB off the board).  Or they'd want Chubb to pair with Garrett in that D, and stay at 1.4.

I really don't see a CLE-us trade.  I could see a NYG-DEN trade AFTER CLE-BUF trade, though.   NYG wants Chubb.  But they wont' want to trade with us, and let CLE take Chubb at 1.4.  They might be willing to move from 1.2 to 1.5 at rather fair market prices if they knew BUF was at 1.4.  The problem with this scenario?   BUF would have to tip their hand and trade with CLE before NYG makes their pick.    If I'm GM Beane for BUF, I agree to a trade with CLE - but only agree to it becoming official on Draft Night, after NYG makes the pick. It's why most draft pick trades happen on Draft Night - so teams don't get jumped.  IND broke this rule because they were afraid BUF would jump to 1.3 right away, and took their shot to force BUF to go to 1.2, or 1.4.

45 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

With the G-men trading JPP to the Bucs for a 3rd rounder (they swapped 5 spots in Rd 4 lol too but let's face it the 3rd rounder was the price), they now have 6 picks.  I think the chances of us getting Chubb just went poof.

The G-men have been saying all the time they're happy with Eli at QB for 2+ seasons - I think that's absolutely the wrong move, but it's becoming more and more likely this isn't a smokescreen.   Remember, everyone knows that CLE is going QB at 1.1 now with the Hyde FA signing, and NYJ moving up to 1.3.   So there is no reason for NYG to be playing games at saying they won't take a QB - if anything, they'd drive the price up for a buyer if they said they wanted a QB.  

I think the G-men going Chubb at 1.2 is a lock - or they trade down and take Chubb.  The reason why I don't think they trade down to 1.5 is that Chubb could easily go to CLE at 1.4 (CLE's alternate scenario is trading down with BUF to get 1.12 LT and 1.22 CB or vice-versa, although I doubt CB Ward is there at 1.12, then it makes little sense to go that early, whereas LT could be 1st off the board then).

Either way, I think we are looking at QB (improves chances that Rosen falls to 1.5), Barkley or Nelson at 1.5 now.

You could say the G-men really showed their hand here with this deal.  ;)

It's Barkely or Chubb for sure now.  Its gonna be Chubb I bet. 

The Giants are now the one team that can scuttle our draft plan as they are in similar strategy mode to Denver with a 2 year guy and a BPA strategy and tier 2 QB early 2nd.  They control our ability to get the first QB after the big 4 as I think there is a good chance they will draft one if of the Guards or tackles in the 2nd.  Essentially being in front of us in line for similar players.  They could end up with Chubb and Mcglinchey/Hernandez/Wynn.  Which looks an aweful lot like what we would ideally want.

The signs are pointing more and more to Nelson at 5 IMO

38 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

If Clayton is for real with Chubb going to the Giants and the rest of those drafting before us drafting QBs, I think it is the perfect scenario for us landing Saquon!  You gotta do it.  

It's still Nelson at 5 I think.  Elway would give up a Super Bowl ring at this point to get a sure think OL guy

1 minute ago, BaldyBronco said:

How do you figure? My impression of this move was that it decreases the likelihood that we stay at 1.5 to draft anyone but a QB. I think the move is either 

a. trade up for a QB

b. stay at 1.5 for a QB

c. trade down

2 minutes ago, BaldyBronco said:

It's Barkely or Chubb for sure now.  Its gonna be Chubb I bet. 

The Giants are now the one team that can scuttle our draft plan as they are in similar strategy mode to Denver with a 2 year guy and a BPA strategy and tier 2 QB early 2nd.  They control our ability to get the first QB after the big 4 as I think there is a good chance they will draft one if of the Guards or tackles in the 2nd.  Essentially being in front of us in line for similar players.  They could end up with Chubb and Mcglinchey/Hernandez/Wynn.  Which looks an aweful lot like what we would ideally want.

The Gmen are definitely going OL early - if they don't get OL with their 1st pick they're going to address it with BPA 2.2.

I think Gettleman would be nuts to stick with Eli at 38 and 2+ years of declining play.   But getting rid of JPP's contract so that he can balance the team and get Chubb, at least that part I get.   Clearing dead salary is a A+ move.

I give it two thumbs up.  :D

Archived