With the 5th pick in the NFL draft the Broncos select....

Wolzen

Just now, BroncosFan2010 said:

Just saw the Allen tweets. Stupid, but stupid is what teens do. Guy was 16. If we are going to witch hunt things that kids say, its going to be hard to draft anyone.

I simply don't understand this world where offensive vocabulary from a 16 year old is deemed more needing of a moral media firestorm than accused sexual assaults, DUI's, assault, etc. There are numerous players with offenses that potentially or in actuality harmed another person. But we value bad words by a child as more important. Maybe I just have cognitive dissonance.

This is disgusting.  My son has a goth screen name and he and his friends use some pretty colorful communication and he is simply a little nerd.  When I was 16, we listened to NWA and simply singing along would get me removed from the draft board had it been documented.  And I am a harmless nerd too.  The people who do this to them are lame.

3 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Just saw the Allen tweets. Stupid, but stupid is what teens do. Guy was 16. If we are going to witch hunt things that kids say, its going to be hard to draft anyone.

I simply don't understand this world where offensive vocabulary from a 16 year old is deemed more needing of a moral media firestorm than accused sexual assaults, DUI's, assault, etc. There are numerous players with offenses that potentially or in actuality harmed another person. But we value bad words by a child as more important. Maybe I just have cognitive dissonance.

1 minute ago, BaldyBronco said:

This is disgusting.  My son has a goth screen name and he and his friends use some pretty colorful communication and he is simply a little nerd.  When I was 16, we listened to NWA and simply singing along would get me removed from the draft board had it been documented.  And I am a harmless nerd too.  The people who do this to them are lame.

I said as much in the draft thread.   

He wasn't even 14 years old with the first tweet.   He's male and a teenager.   No teenage boy should be allowed to post anything that stays permanently.  The stupidity that comes out is on a DAILY basis.  And it's meaningless to how you are as a 22 year old, unless you were bullying someone.  Which clearly wasn't the case.   Total fake news.  I'm glad it's getting zero traction.

Allen is falling down the board, but that's in recognition of his very real bust-risk floor.  The ceiling is Brett Favre-level greatness.   Given who else is available, it's not surprising.  But this was a new low in lying season maneuvering.  It is a good life lesson for kids to learn from though (erase everything stupid you've posted, and look back - better if you don't altogether, but that's not realistic in today's world).

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

I said as much in the draft thread.   

He wasn't even 14 years old with the first tweet.   He's male and a teenager.   No teenage boy should be allowed to post anything that stays permanently.  The stupidity that comes out is on a DAILY basis.  And it's meaningless to how you are as a 22 year old, unless you were bullying someone.  Which clearly wasn't the case.   Total fake news.  I'm glad it's getting zero traction.

Allen is falling down the board, but that's in recognition of his very real bust-risk floor.  The ceiling is Brett Favre-level greatness.   Given who else is available, it's not surprising.  But this was a new low in lying season maneuvering.  It is a good life lesson for kids to learn from though (erase everything stupid you've posted, and look back - better if you don't altogether, but that's not realistic in today's world).

If he en'd up a Patriot, we know who did it.

2 hours ago, broncos67 said:

He needs significant development which I'm not sure we can provide, for one, and secondarily, he's sloppy with footwork, his anticipation isn't great, completion percentage stinks. Physically, he's exactly what you'd want, but I think he's got a lot of kinks to work out and isn't a better prospect than other QBs or non-QBs. It would be, by far, the most disappointing pick for me at 5.

He's being projected solely on arm strength.  The on field play isn't first round worthy. We see this experiment fail more times than not.

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Further confirmation that seeing the guy play in person helps. What's helped convince me more about Allen are his intangibles and the fact that he has made major strides in the last four months, showing he responds to coaching well and is willing to put in the work. I would love him on the Broncos. 

Has he made major strides though?  Or is he throwing to uncovered receivers in shorts? I've heard he has great intangibles and puts in the work, but I think it's between the ears, and that's not being factored in when you're throwing to receivers without any coverage.

My fear is his inaccuracy stems from not being able to read defenses and process the right read fast enough.  None of those factors would have shown up in the last 4 months, hence the perceived "rapid improvement." Accuracy doesn't improve much, you've got it or you don't - Allen doesn't.

While Klis could be just smokescreening, if he's not, the fact Allen isn't being considered at 1.5, and the lack of mentioning Rosen, if we could get either Rosen or Darnold at 1.4 (again, we'd likely have to move up to secure QB, because BUF would make their move for either guy), I'd be so stoked.

I'd have to retract my request to change my name to AnAngryCanadian if that happened...even if we took Chark 2.7.   Although if we got Darnold/Rosen and actually got a guy in the 2.8 pick who isn't a reach (Price! Oliver!), man, I'd have to send Elway a big mancrush love note - "all is forgiven for the last 3 drafts, John, we still love you".   

So, Elway is not going to draft a QB at #5 no matter who's there. It's just not going to happen. Huge risk and highly questionable reward. He's just got too much invested in that position right now to add to it.

It'll be interesting if 2 of the big 4 QB's are on the board at 5 and we take Nelson. I'd probably be one of the only ecstatic guys on this forum. More likely though he'd trade down. Some QB needy team will offer up a bunch if two QB's are still available.

9 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

So, Elway is not going to draft a QB at #5 no matter who's there. It's just not going to happen. Huge risk and highly questionable reward. He's just got too much invested in that position right now to add to it.

It'll be interesting if 2 of the big 4 QB's are on the board at 5 and we take Nelson. I'd probably be one of the only ecstatic guys on this forum. More likely though he'd trade down. Some QB needy team will offer up a bunch if two QB's are still available.

It depends on who it is.  Rosen and Allen would be the least attractive.   Which would be nuts IMO.  But it is what it is.   Rosen could get a fair amount of interest from BUF though.   That's the latest buzz from La Canfora. 

15 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Darnold and MAYBE Rosen would be ok with me.

16 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

If Darnold is there I firmly believe he would take him.

2 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

If Darnold is there I firmly believe he would take him.

I'll go further and say Elway would be willing to trade up to 1.4 to get him (because it won't cost a mint).   I personally would do the same for Rosen, but Rosen is very iffy given he was taken off the list yesterday - Klis' statement on Allen may have simply forgot to include Rosen, who's already off the list yesterday (or was it a slip-up? LOL so hard to know - since Klis contradicted Nelson not being in the top 5 2 days ago with the option to take him yesterday, we know there's smoke being thrown around).

Archived