With the 5th pick in the NFL draft the Broncos select....

Wolzen

1 minute ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

What if Mayfield, Darnold, Chubb, and Barkley are gone. The Broncos decide to pass on Rosen and Allen (rightly or wrongly) and trade back, but Buffalo wants to keep #22. Would you be happy with a haul of #12, #53, #56, and #96 for #5? 

nope. i'm good on elway 2nd round picks

3 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

What if Mayfield, Darnold, Chubb, and Barkley are gone. The Broncos decide to pass on Rosen and Allen (rightly or wrongly) and trade back, but Buffalo wants to keep #22. Would you be happy with a haul of #12, #53, #56, and #96 for #5? 

Yes, I would probably do that, but I think I'd actually prefer 12, 53, 96 and next years 1st instead.

6 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

NO WAY!!!

7 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

7 minutes ago, champ11 said:

3 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Yes, I would probably do that, but I think I'd actually prefer 12, 53, 96 and next years 1st instead.

FTW in bold.  Next year's 1st is equivalent to a 2nd this year, I'd be all over that.  Mitigate Elway's risk of screwing up Day 2 picks lol.

I know it's not a popular take, but we are more realistically a 2019 contender than this year.   Getting a 2019 1st is fine if BUF is willing to kick in 53/96 and 2019's 1st.   1st rounders should make 1st year impacts. 

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Thats fair (though Rahim Moore, Orlando Franklin, Derek Wolfe isn't bad. Brock, Ball, Latimer, and Sambraillo kind of bring it down though. Jury's still out on Gotsis and Walker)

BUT Kubiak 2nd round picks arent bad (Demeco Ryans, Connor Barwin, Ben Tate, Brooks Reed, Brandon Harris, Ty Sambraillo, Adam Gotsis) 

Just now, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Thats fair (though Rahim Moore, Orlando Franklin, Derek Wolfe isn't bad. Brock, Ball, Latimer, and Sambraillo kind of bring it down though. Jury's still out on Gotsis and Walker)

BUT Kubiak 2nd round picks arent bad (Demeco Ryans, Connor Barwin, Ben Tate, Brooks Reed, Brandon Harris, Ty Sambraillo, Adam Gotsis) 

The problem is Wolfe is really our 1st we traded back from.  And Moore/Franklin were 2011.  

The counter argument is that this is a deep draft in Rd2-3 value.  But man, we just heard that Elway wants CHARK at 2.40.   That doesn't scream like he's learned his lesson.

@broncos67 's idea of getting the 2019 1st is way more palatable.  BUF has a great shot to make the playoffs, but if they don't, a mid-late teens 1st is very nice indeed.  And even in the 20's, we'd be getting a year 1 impact player (provided Elway didn't overreach, of course).

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

The problem is Wolfe is really our 1st we traded back from.  And Moore/Franklin were 2011.  

The counter argument is that this is a deep draft in Rd2-3 value.  But man, we just heard that Elway wants CHARK at 2.40.   That doesn't scream like he's learned his lesson.

@broncos67 's idea of getting the 2019 1st is way more palatable.  BUF has a great shot to make the playoffs, but if they don't, a mid-late teens 1st is very nice indeed.  And even in the 20's, we'd be getting a year 1 impact player (provided Elway didn't overreach, of course).

If that's the case would you prefer to trade with Arizona? #15, #47, 2019 1st (likely a top 10 pick)

7 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Gary's the wildcard here. Given his position he should have a lot to say about who we draft.

BTW I posted it on the Draft thread...but there is increasing steam (Rappoport is adding fuel to the fire) that the Mayfield 1.1 piece is a MASSIVE trolljob by Dorsey to smoke out who his CLE leak would be.  The guy who just got told a name this week?  Hue Jackson.  The same guy who threw the old GM under the bus.  And who Dorsey was forced to retain, not his guy.

It would suck for us, because anytime a guy like Darnold falls, it just means more talent is there for us at 1.5 (and the likelihood of Chubb at 1.5 could go down significantly) - but this would be a massively entertaining night to see that go down - and major karma for Hue throwing his old GM under the bus.   

The DEN fan wants Mayfield in CLE 1.1 for the options it opens up to us to stay at 1.5.   The football fan will be entertained so much if this was a troll job lol.  

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

BTW I posted it on the Draft thread...but there is increasing steam (Rappoport is adding fuel to the fire) that the Mayfield 1.1 piece is a MASSIVE trolljob by Dorsey to smoke out who his CLE leak would be.  The guy who just got told a name this week?  Hue Jackson.  The same guy who threw the old GM under the bus.  And who Dorsey was forced to retain, not his guy.

It would suck for us, because anytime a guy like Darnold falls, it just means more talent is there for us at 1.5 (and the likelihood of Chubb at 1.5 could go down significantly) - but this would be a massively entertaining night to see that go down - and major karma for Hue throwing his old GM under the bus.   

The DEN fan wants Mayfield in CLE 1.1 for the options it opens up to us to stay at 1.5.   The football fan will be entertained so much if this was a troll job lol.  

Wow dude.  That is some reporting right there...

18 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Gotsis was a bad pick. Horrible reach, hasn't had a starter level impact in the first two years. Might never play again. 

Walker had about as underwhelming a season you can have. It's a tough position to adjust to so we'll see. 

This weekend is going to tell us a lot about Elway. I'm triggered just looking at that list of 2nd rounders 

5 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Gotsis was a bad pick. Horrible reach, hasn't had a starter level impact in the first two years. Might never play again. 

Walker had about as underwhelming a season you can have. It's a tough position to adjust to so we'll see. 

This weekend is going to tell us a lot about Elway. I'm triggered just looking at that list of 2nd rounders 

I was pretty anti-Walker, but I will say, the staff didn't do him any favors by moving him from DT to OLB and wasting his talent. He does have a knack for pass rushing, but he's a tweener. I'm not usually so forgiving, but he now should get 2 years after the team screwed up his rookie season

5 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I am so curious to see if they can resurrect Walker by putting him back in his position.  They drafted a center and asked home to play forward (basketball analogy). 

Archived