With the 5th pick in the NFL draft the Broncos select....

Wolzen

8 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I heard a rumor that the top 3 picks are for sale. Does that make us more comfortable or less comfortable to go into draft day without a qb? On one hand we can trade up on the other there's teams that could leap us. Got to imagine 4 picks being for sale makes the second trade down less valuable. 

Also apparently we even like Keenum and getting him would make us also go elsewhere in round 1.

Signing Keenum to a big deal and not drafting a QB high is pretty close to the worst case scenario.

1 hour ago, brncos4life said:

thoughts on trading down to 21 and 22 with buffalo if we land cousins or keenum and more picks with 21 and 22. not sure what chart would say. bills need QB big time. but feel dropping to 21 is too far??

What else do they  have ? Theyd have to throw in another second and first next year thats a huge jump.

Nevermind our pick is valued at 1700 Buffalos 2 first 1580. With that being said we gain nothing from doing that. We get an extra first but the likelyhood of hitting om both picks in thw 20s is small. It's almost like Id rather have their first next year and a second instead.

I want probability of getting better value from a trade.

4 hours ago, brncos4life said:

thoughts on trading down to 21 and 22 with buffalo if we land cousins or keenum and more picks with 21 and 22. not sure what chart would say. bills need QB big time. but feel dropping to 21 is too far??

I love the idea.

17 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

Signing Keenum to a big deal and not drafting a QB high is pretty close to the worst case scenario.

This is when the conversation gets fun. Guys like Keenum, Foles, etc............... They're not great QB's. Not by any stretch. They were on some really good teams though.

18 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

This is when the conversation gets fun. Guys like Keenum, Foles, etc............... They're not great QB's. Not by any stretch. They were on some really good teams though.

My first choice is rosen I think Clevland goes Barkley 1 and the Giants go Darnold. I think colts may go Allen or Chubb. Rosen is the best most proready qb to start a rookie deal since Luck, and Wentz . His injuries scare me but the talent is there. The way he reads defenses and fits the ball into tight windows can't be coached. 

I want Cousins because it opens up all kinds of possibilities in the draft -

Trade down - and get several needed players - 

It could not be ruled out that Nelson drops out of the top 10 and if he does then the Elway should grab him - outside of that I would like to see a trade down to mid-round and take Roquan Smith - then trade back into the first round and take Orlando Brown - and then take Will Hernandez.

You then have an ILB capable of staying with TEs and RBs and you have a very solid OL to protect Cousins and plow for the run game.

11 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

I want Cousins because it opens up all kinds of possibilities in the draft -

Trade down - and get several needed players - 

It could not be ruled out that Nelson drops out of the top 10 and if he does then the Elway should grab him - outside of that I would like to see a trade down to mid-round and take Roquan Smith - then trade back into the first round and take Orlando Brown - and then take Will Hernandez.

You then have an ILB capable of staying with TEs and RBs and you have a very solid OL to protect Cousins and plow for the run game.

What would you do for rb? I like John Kelly from Tennessee I can't hate your logic you win in the trenches in this league besides qb play. 

I just hate the idea of Cousins I'd rather go bridgewater, a developmental prospect, or keep what we have.  This way we have the cap to load up on weapons, or trench play.

5 hours ago, brncos4life said:

I think that's too far. I don't like the depth of this draft too much. I think there are going to be good starters but few pro bowlers. Furthest id want to trade down is 15 but would want picks in next year's draft. 

14 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

I think that's too far. I don't like the depth of this draft too much. I think there are going to be good starters but few pro bowlers. Furthest id want to trade down is 15 but would want picks in next year's draft. 

I agree...at #5 we should land a rather talented prospect, which the Broncos need, regardless of what position they draft for.  

1 hour ago, honkeytonk said:

Cleveland takes Barkley #1 overall,knowing Rosen won't play for them.

NYG take Rosen

Indy suprises many and takes Darnold

Cleveland, surprise, takes Mayfield

If Cousins does sign with,say Minn., what should Denver do with #5?  

Trade down if they can, if they can't they should run to the podium to take Bradley Chubb. But there's zero chance the Colts take Darnold.

If Denver lose his 2 top  WR (DT and Sanders) and Talib , Cousins will never sign in Mile High City.

We need to accept that window for championship is closed. We are in rebuilding mode.

We need to accept the reality. 

If Minnesota sign Cousins , Denver will sign 1 of 3 Vikings (Keenum, Bradford and Bridgewater).

I prefer to go full QB at 1.5 in this scenario than sign one of the loser (Keenum is a game manager not more, Bradford sideline after 4 games and Teddy coming from major injury)

Sign and trade with Wah if Cousins get Taged will be too expensive (draft pick + salary). No way , let Jets make this horrendus trade if they want even if Kirk is a good QB.

We have a long way to be superbowl caliber if we lose Talib, DT and Sanders and weak OL. Major move will be made mid March. Dump these 3 players and sign a better OL .

This is a logical moves

Archived