With the 5th pick in the NFL draft the Broncos select....

34 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Anyone having pop up problems with the new forum? Literally everytime I log on my phone a pop up comes up and I can't view content. 

Yes I am. It just started the last few days for me and I've only noticed it on my phone but it's really annoying. It takes me two it three tries just to get to the page I want to read. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, sportcourt7 said:

Yes I am. It just started the last few days for me and I've only noticed it on my phone but it's really annoying. It takes me two it three tries just to get to the page I want to read. 

Yes lol it did it when I was logging in. I had to install a pop up app haha.

Anyway, listen I wouldn't mind Elway being able to lure Cousins.  It would be crazy. Just the fact that we'd win free agency for the first time since 2014.

Asides from Cousins having better options money and roster building wise in Ny Jets, Browns, Vikings, Jags.  Why would he come here???

Last but not least Elway brought in Kubes and evaluating qbs is a part of that. Also Elways MO is too go cheap. Other than PM and Brocks second contract lets see how elway has spent resources on qbs.

Lynch- cheap rookie deal but invested 2 high picks in draft,capital.

Colin K- offered 7 mill a year and a 3rd .

Trevor Siemian - cheap 7th rounder

Chad Kelly- cheap 7th rounder

Sam Bradford - a 3rd and 10 mill a year.

All this is it a coincidence?

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Yes lol it did it when I was logging in. I had to install a pop up app haha.

Anyway, listen I wouldn't mind Elway being able to lure Cousins.  It would be crazy. Just the fact that we'd win free agency for the first time since 2014.

Asides from Cousins having better options money and roster building wise in Ny Jets, Browns, Vikings, Jags.  Why would he come here???

Last but not least Elway brought in Kubes and evaluating qbs is a part of that. Also Elways MO is too go cheap. Other than PM and Brocks second contract lets see how elway has spent resources on qbs.

Lynch- cheap rookie deal but invested 2 high picks in draft,capital.

Colin K- offered 7 mill a year and a 3rd .

Trevor Siemian - cheap 7th rounder

Chad Kelly- cheap 7th rounder

Sam Bradford - a 3rd and 10 mill a year.

All this is it a coincidence?

The reason why he spends on Cousins is because none of the above have worked out - time of a different strategy. 

If Elway could draft a starting calibre QB then great - in any other scenario Cousins is by far and away the best option.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

The reason why he spends on Cousins is because none of the above have worked out - time of a different strategy. 

If Elway could draft a starting calibre QB then great - in any other scenario Cousins is by far and away the best option.

I don't think thats a wise move to rule out one avenue because it didnt work out. Elway is smarter and more bold than that. 

But yea if everything is looked at,objectively and cousins is viewed as the best option sure.

Looks like this forum will get pretty interesting come FA and the draft. Lots of good, varied opinions. No matter what the FO does I don't think more than 25% of us will agree with them.

Should make for some lively conversations.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AKRNA said:

Looks like this forum will get pretty interesting come FA and the draft. Lots of good, varied opinions. No matter what the FO does I don't think more than 25% of us will agree with them.

Should make for some lively conversations.

Do you know whats the odds for every landing spot for Cousins? I know they usually are pretty good on that stuff.

Even though I'm not a fan of signing Kirk Cousins, I can at least see some of the rationale regarding why we would do it. If it happens, I probably be upset at first but then begrudgingly get behind the move. What I unequivocally don't want to happen is for us to sign a mid-tier FA at QB and pass on drafting one at 5. 

Other than Cousins, there is no FA available that is worth passing on a QB for. Mayfield, Rosen, and Darnold all have franchise level potential and I don't want us passing on them for a journeyman. Don't screw this up, Elway. 

Edited by BroncoSojia
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Even though I'm not a fan of signing Kirk Cousins, I can at least see some of the rationale regarding why we would do it. If it happens, I probably be upset at first but then begrudgingly get behind the move. What I unequivocally don't want to happen is for us to sign a mid-tier FA at QB and pass on drafting one at 5. 

Other than Cousins, there is no FA available that is worth passing on a QB for. Mayfield, Rosen, and Darnold all have franchise level potential and I don't want us passing on them for a journeyman. Don't screw this up, Elway. 

I largely agree. Allen fits that category too for me. I'll also hate the move at first and will show how I feel the longer we go into january without a championship or playoff wins.

I’ve said it a few times, I don’t mind Cousins won’t be mad if/when Denver gets him.  Though, I won’t be thrilled with the price tag.

My dream scenario would be getting a franchise QB at #5.  Money wise it’s huge for the next 5 years and you get a guy to lead the franchise for the next 15.  But of the top 4 QBs, not all will be franchise types, in the history of the NFL maybe one fits the bill.  Even though I’d be willing to give Darnold, Allen, Rosen a shot to be that guy, I fully understand Elway saying screw that approach and throwing money at Cousins.  Using #5 to take Nelson, Chubb, Barkley, Fitzpatrick and #40 for the best OL available or trading up to take the best OL available.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

I think the right move here is to bring in a veteran who can start in a pinch: AJ McCarron, Bradford, Tyrod, Nick Foles etc, but also draft our guy at 5 and hope he wins the job.