With the 5th pick in the NFL draft the Broncos select....

Wolzen

3 hours ago, Ahhlucas said:

Why would Bronco fans be crossing their fingers that we miss out on a top tier quarterback?

Mayfield and Rosen are the two surest bets at QB this year, we would be lucky to have either.

Do people see that at a negative? Really? As a Broncos fan, I love it. Fuel the rivalry. Rivers/Mayfield would have legendary arguments and clashes of competitiveness.

Mayfield knows he's going no lower than #5, I'm sure the team and his good friend Kubiak have told him how find they are of him, he has no reason to waste his time with lesser teams like the Chargers. 

Seriously?

Take those kind of comments back to MHR where they belong. LOL.

11 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Apparently he wasn’t prepared for his LAC interview.   Telesco could have just denied it but his silence spoke volumes.   

Is that like no offense, or no offense?  If it is the latter, then I really do not want Baker Mayfield.  The Broncos already lack offense.  

I take the chargers situation as Mayfield not wanting to sit behind Rivers for years and years.  You say why not just cancel the meeting. Is that the norm rejecting a team? I think he'd be more burned for that.

I think he wouldn't mind coming here because he'd take Keenums job in his mind. Rivers is a more established guy.  He doesn't want to be Jimmy G'd.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

I take the chargers situation as Mayfield not wanting to sit behind Rivers for years and years.  You say why not just cancel the meeting. Is that the norm rejecting a team? I think he'd be more burned for that.

I think he wouldn't mind coming here because he'd take Keenums job in his mind. Rivers is a more established guy.  He doesn't want to be Jimmy G'd.

Doesn't matter. The draft is an interview for all 32 teams. You have no idea which team will want you or what the situation will turn into with any team. He may not want to sit behind Rivers, but what if the Chargers moved on from Rivers next year, for example?

1 minute ago, broncos67 said:

Doesn't matter. The draft is an interview for all 32 teams. You have no idea which team will want you or what the situation will turn into with any team. He may not want to sit behind Rivers, but what if the Chargers moved on from Rivers next year, for example?

I just think he once a chance to start day 1 not sit behind an entrenched starter. Just my opinion. 

12 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

I posted this in the “draft rumors” thread. Allbright said last night that Rosen is completely off our draft board. If true, that sucks.

Don't believe this I mean why would Elway let this get out? Unless we know our guy will be there ot devalues a trade down.

1 hour ago, BroncoSojia said:

I posted this in the “draft rumors” thread. Allbright said last night that Rosen is completely off our draft board. If true, that sucks.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

Don't believe this I mean why would Elway let this get out? Unless we know our guy will be there ot devalues a trade down.

It could be pure smokescreen, but let's face it, Allbright's been right a lot with us for a while now. 

Only one way we'll know for sure, if Rosen is there at 1.5 with 3 QB's gone, and Elway passes (or trades down, and still passes later). 

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It could be pure smokescreen, but let's face it, Allbright's been right a lot with us for a while now. 

Only one way we'll know for sure, if Rosen is there at 1.5 and Elway passes. 

I like Allbright a lot but it's gotta be bad for business unless the trade down trade is already worked out. Or maybe we're not trading down at all because our guy will be there.

18 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I like Allbright a lot but it's gotta be bad for business unless the trade down trade is already worked out. Or maybe we're not trading down at all because our guy will be there.

There's no trade that's set in stone now, since no one knows how the board is falling - I'm referring to Allbright's statement that Rosen is off our board.  If so...man, that's awful.   It's questionable to put him as the 4th QB on our rank list, but off the board?   Hopefully, it's smokescreen.  If that's really the case, though, 3 QB's are off the board, and Rosen falls to 1.5 and we still pass...SMH. 

Taking Rosen off our draft board is just so ludicrious. I don't understand Elway. He signs a HOF immobile QB who (in part) helps us a win a Super Bowl and suddenly, after that success, he wants to revert back to mobile and cannon armed. I understand there are pro's and con's to each type of QB, and you can win with either, but Elway seems to only give attention to one type lately.

Its similar to arbitrary benchmarks like 6'00 CB's or 6'05 OT's. You never take someone off the board if they have talent. Schemes can be adapted to the talent.

I do suppose it may be due to medicals based around the concussions but with the way Elway has been running this team lately, its probably because Rosen simply doesn't fit his Brock/Lynch profile. Ugh.

23 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Taking Rosen off our draft board is just so ludicrious. I don't understand Elway. He signs a HOF immobile QB who (in part) helps us a win a Super Bowl and suddenly, after that success, he wants to revert back to mobile and cannon armed. I understand there are pro's and con's to each type of QB, and you can win with either, but Elway seems to only give attention to one type lately.

Its similar to arbitrary benchmarks like 6'00 CB's or 6'05 OT's. You never take someone off the board if they have talent. Schemes can be adapted to the talent.

I do suppose it may be due to medicals based around the concussions but with the way Elway has been running this team lately, its probably because Rosen simply doesn't fit his Brock/Lynch profile. Ugh.

Well reportedly many teams have taken him off their draftboards for things behind the scenes.  Maybe it is medical, but let’s also not forget Rosen had character red flags as well.  It could have something to do with that.  It also doesn’t help when your former coach comes out and says he would take Darnold #1 overall because he’s tougher and coachable. 

Im sure we will here more draft day or shortly after, but I don’t think Rosen is off the board because he’s a pocket passer that lacks mobility.  I think it’s more than likely something medical or issues with his personality/commitment.

13 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Well reportedly many teams have taken him off their draftboards for things behind the scenes.  Maybe it is medical, but let’s also not forget Rosen had character red flags as well.  It could have something to do with that.  It also doesn’t help when your former coach comes out and says he would take Darnold #1 overall because he’s tougher and coachable. 

Im sure we will here more draft day or shortly after, but I don’t think Rosen is off the board because he’s a pocket passer that lacks mobility.  I think it’s more than likely something medical or issues with his personality/commitment.

The disconnect with ranking Mayfield on a top 5 list and ignoring behind-the-scenes issues and then taking Rosen off for behind-the-scenes concerns, if Klis & Allbright are to be believed...well, you couldn't find a better example of cognitive dissonance and confirmatory bias.    Rosen's issues have never translated to on-the-field distractions or incidents.   His comments are on the system, and are 100 percent spot-on.   It's not popular with the establishment, but it's absolutely correct.    

Mora's endorsement of Darnold hurts Rosen from going as the top QB, but to take him off lists is just crazy - and keep in mind Mora said that specifically about CLE going with Darnold (so the conspiracy theorists were wondering if he was trying to manipulate Rosen away from CLE).   This isn't a guy with a drug problem.  This isn't a guy who's had an issue with violence.   This isn't a guy who's quit on a team.   Again, the injury angle is legit - but it's clearly not been the sole reason he's falling as hard as being reported.

Man, I hope it's smokescreen.   Given we drafted guys who've been caught with drugs (I could care less about weed, but let's face it, it's stupid that the players can't stay away, if that's a rule to keep playing, you follow it), and guys who've had criminal charges with violence (we didn't know about it at the time, so not throwing stones at our FO there), unless there's a more damning problem that comes to light, Rosen's off-the-field concerns are pretty much non-issues.  It's more a narrative being fed.    

As much as I have concerns with Mayfield, I'm not willing to cross him off my board altogether.   If it's true that we're doing that with Rosen....man.  

I also find it odd that few are outlining Darnolds seemingly o'shucks surfer style personality. I don't see an issue, but if there are whispers that Rosen isn't dedicated because he has an active mind outside football then we should make similarly nonsensical claims against Darnold.

37 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I agree it's stupid to take Rosen off the board, the only reason to do so would be medical. As UK and BroncoFan talked about the other day, his history of concussions and his slight body frame make him a bit of a risk. But I don't think this portends that Elway is looking for only QBs in the Brock/Paxton mold.

Archived