The Jon Gruden Thread, Man

BackinBlack

4 minutes ago, roi34 said:

to me it's alot of nostalgia. I loved gruden wish he didn't leave we prob win super bowl with him. great offensive mind. correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he have personnel decisions in TB and that team went downhill fast.

For all I know Chucky may take us to five straight Superbowls (I am no expert), but to me it just feels a little like the old boxer having just one more pop at a World title - and that usually ends badly. If we do get Chucky I will be hoping it is the former and not the latter...obviously.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, riceman80 said:

Yes. His picks ended up being his downfall. I love him as a coach tho. Fwiw, he inherited a very old roster in Tampa. The year after they won the Super Bowl they had 20+ players 30 or older.

Im praying Reggie isnt let go cuz id be ecstatic with a McKenzie/Gruden combo.

I'd be more on board with that. Reggie needs to be given bit more time. Sean Smith was a signing i loved to solve our cb issue sadly he didn't prosper in a a zone defense that KNJ out out there. really need a DC to put guys in position of strength .

7 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Yes. His picks ended up being his downfall. I love him as a coach tho. Fwiw, he inherited a very old roster in Tampa. The year after they won the Super Bowl they had 20+ players 30 or older.

Im praying Reggie isnt let go cuz id be ecstatic with a McKenzie/Gruden combo.

If Cadillac Williams never got hurt he would’ve been just fine