2018 draft talk

Danand

First we get new coaches, then we get new players, and then we can sulk in week 17 once again in 2019.

I want a tackle and receivers who can catch the ball. Then some athletic mofo to learn behind Weddle for 1 more year and maybe a linebacker who can cover.

Its one of those sweetspots, where we are picking right outside the 10-12 elite players, but because of runs on QB's etc. an elite talent will fall to us.

Or we will get the Jack Conklin type of pick, where it seems anything but flashy, but will prove itself to be a great pick.

Another draft thread? Fine with me, let's start pouring energy into something we have absolutely zero control over. I'm imploring everyone to follow this years Senior Bowl, the rosters are some of the most talent stacked in YEARS and many of the wide outs will be of interest to our team.

5 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Another draft thread? Fine with me, let's start pouring energy into something we have absolutely zero control over. I'm imploring everyone to follow this years Senior Bowl, the rosters are some of the most talent stacked in YEARS and many of the wide outs will be of interest to our team.

Ahem... that encompasses everything about pro sports from a message board perspective.

lets just hope that many of the teams that set themselves up to draft a new QBOTF will actually follow through and pick them high enough for top talent to drop to the 16th spot.

looking at you Jets, Cards, Browns (lol). heck, even Bengals and Redskins could be in play for a new QB if the Bengals get a new coach and the Redskins are unable to keep Cousins.

49 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

lets just hope that many of the teams that set themselves up to draft a new QBOTF will actually follow through and pick them high enough for top talent to drop to the 16th spot.

looking at you Jets, Cards, Browns (lol). heck, even Bengals and Redskins could be in play for a new QB if the Bengals get a new coach and the Redskins are unable to keep Cousins.

The Browns should draft Saquon Barkley at 1 then Lamar Jackson at 4, try to lead the league in rushing or something because it's obvious the other QBs aren't interested in playing for them and you don't want that it in the clubhouse. This QB crop almost has more questions than last years with Darnold underwhelming, Rosen's mentality, Allen's inconsistencies, Mayfield's translation to the pro game. Should be fun, either way I think the draft is set up for us this year with strong WR and TE classes.

We’re definitely going to have a shot at the top WR in this class. Calvin Ridley has started to fall down boards. He might be a 23-24 year old rookie, but he’s already coming into the league with much more polish than most receivers. He has elite COD ability. He’s a natural hands catcher. Awesome deep speed. We don’t develop receivers well so his age and experience would actually benefit us. Lastly, being the only receiving threat on that Alabama offense he’s received 1/3 of the receiving production. He’s used to having to deal with the constant bracket coverage and defensive focus on him... and still finds ways to produce.

Outside of Ridley, I like the OT prospect out of Western Michigan, Chukwuma Okorafor. He doesn’t seems to give up as much ground as some of the other prospects. That said he needs to do better at understanding levarge but if he picks it up and I trust our OL coaches, I think he can develop into a beast.

So, an early look at what I would like our roster to look like in 2018

QB: Flacco, Mallet

RB: Collins, Allen, Woodhead, Dixon

FB: Ricard

OL: Stanley, Lewis, Jensen, Yanda, draft pick, Howard, Skura, Siragusa

TE: Draft pick, Boyle, Williams, Waller

WR: Wallace, draft pick, Chris Moore, Campanaro, Adeboyejo, Tim White, draft pick

Dline: Williams, Pierce, Urban, Henry, Davis, Wormley, Zardarius Smith

OLB: Suggs, Judon, Bowser, Williams

ILB: Mosley, Onwuasor, draft pick, Correa

SS: Jefferson, Levine

FS: Weddle, draft pick

CB: Smith, Carr, Humphrey, Canady, draft pick, Hill

And the usual suspects to kick the ball.

We could easily upgrade more at wr and maybe add the runningback if someone were to fall. Watson at tight end might retire, and I don't know how his contract is structured. Waller could easily be gone (but we like the special teams players)

Honestly, Correa and Kaufusi, wonder if we will see anything from them ever.

Leighton Vander Esch, highly athletic ILB prospect. Projection: Round 1-2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9S0ajSGQRg  VS San Diego State

Fast, sound, and safe off ball LB with room to develop and grow. Highly productive, great downhill backer like Reuben Foster who benefits extra from being kept clean but he can navigate traffic decently. 

Dunks like nuffin-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D65y-M9ayGc

IMO the ravens need to do everything in there power to get a top tier FA WR this offseason. Not some scrub who was cut after TC (Maclin) and not an old over the hill guy either. This way they can go BPA in the first round which always seems to work out better then drafting for need. Go get landry/watkins

I do like St Brown though, didnt have the stats this year due to the QB play, but one of his strengths are his hands. WE NEED WRS WHO CAN CATCH

30 minutes ago, paraven said:

IMO the ravens need to do everything in there power to get a top tier FA WR this offseason. Not some scrub who was cut after TC (Maclin) and not an old over the hill guy either. This way they can go BPA in the first round which always seems to work out better then drafting for need. Go get landry/watkins/

Going back to the draft, I would rather have picked Jarvis Landry in the 2. round than OBJ in the 1. round. So yeah, I am on the Landry bandwagon. I believe he is the move-the-chains type of guy we have needed since Boldin left.

Also, I like the idea of getting the FA wide receiver and then have the BPA option in the draft. I still want the rookie RT and if we can keep Howard, we have him as a guy who can be used in the jumbo package.

Earlier before we had Collins, I wanted the Ezekiel Elliot type of runningback. Seeing Collins emerge, Allen finding his role with the offense, seeing what Woodhead could do, I am back on the track for finding a complimentary runningback. The can-do-it-all back, there are not a lot of them out there, especially if they have to be good at everything.

I wouldn't mind an offensive draft where we can cross out the boxes for an OT, TE and WR with our first picks. The questions we have on defense, they are mostly related to players at inside linebacker who have 1 years of playing time and an older Weddle. Getting that Eddie Jackson type of player would be nice in the 4-5th round.

Screw your high character guys! GO GET ME DIVAS AND KILLERS!

I'm sick of this garbage. GO get me a savage who demands respect, the ball and wants to win. Yes, play for each other, but also tell your opponent that they are pathetic and weak and you're here to take their soul.

1. I WANT A RANDY MOSS HERE WR #1 Priority

2. A Tightend (I wanted OJ "Da Juiceman" Howard, but we all can't have nice things)

3. An O-lineman

Archived