Danand

6 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Daniel Jerimiah's top 5 at WR-

1. Calvin Ridley

2. Christian Kirk

3. DJ Moore

4. Equanimeous St. Brown

5. Auden Tate

There is none of them I feel comfortable with in the 1. round.

Every week we get closer to the draft, I feel most comfortable with our needs being OL (Brown), RB (Penny) wr (Moore), wr (Burnett), TE (Fumagalli), S (Nick Orr ex.), LB (Griffen)

33 minutes ago, Danand said:

There is none of them I feel comfortable with in the 1. round.

Every week we get closer to the draft, I feel most comfortable with our needs being OL (Brown), RB (Penny) wr (Moore), wr (Burnett), TE (Fumagalli), S (Nick Orr ex.), LB (Griffen)

I'd be comfortable with Ridley or Moore, those are our best bets for round 1.

I like Nick Orr too, and we have a good chance of getting him either late or as an UDFA. 

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I'd be comfortable with Ridley or Moore, those are our best bets for round 1.

I like Nick Orr too, and we have a good chance of getting him either late or as an UDFA. 

I was thinking 1.round Brown, 2. round Penny, 3. round Moore etc. I still don't see him climb to the 1. round.

The safety class is somewhat interesting, but unless a player drops, I think we should look towards some of the lesser options who have the potential to be quality backups instead of looking at the athlete with high upside. I am a pretty huge fan of intangibles, and if Nick Orr can translate like his brother, we could end up with a quality player who many passed on.

14 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Daniel Jerimiah's top 5 at WR-

1. Calvin Ridley

2. Christian Kirk

3. DJ Moore

4. Equanimeous St. Brown

5. Auden Tate

Im all on board grabbing DJ Moore at 16. He will succeed in this league as a WR and that is well worth the 16th pick. I dont care about value or over drafting him, because he will not be there at our pick in the 2nd round. 

1 hour ago, paraven said:

Im all on board grabbing DJ Moore at 16. He will succeed in this league as a WR and that is well worth the 16th pick. I dont care about value or over drafting him, because he will not be there at our pick in the 2nd round. 

I think he’s guaranteed to be there at least until the late 1st round. I’d rather we trade down, ideally. But I agree with taking him in the first round and not playing games.

The only player that gets me to move on from that idea is taking Derwin James... but I just have to believe that NFL executives couldn’t be stupid enough to let him fall that far. He’s too OBVIOUSLY talented.

Part of me wants to take Courtland Sutton because he has the qualities to be that mega superstar WR, but he’s soooo RAW. Reminds me of Perriman coming out.

At 16, I’m taking Ridley or Kirk. My favorite is Kirk. But wouldn’t be mad if Ridley was the pick. If neither one of them are there, trade down...pick up Sutton or DJ Moore in the later portions. 

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I think he’s guaranteed to be there at least until the late 1st round. I’d rather we trade down, ideally. But I agree with taking him in the first round and not playing games.

The only player that gets me to move on from that idea is taking Derwin James... but I just have to believe that NFL executives couldn’t be stupid enough to let him fall that far. He’s too OBVIOUSLY talented.

Former exec Charley Casserly just mocked him 30 to the Vikings. Even if Derwin blows up the combine, I just think teams are thinking only one note and picturing him as an in the box safety. If he's BPA for us though, it's a no brainer to put him at Will with Tony Jefferson and Weddle locked in on the back end. The teams up above us don't have the luxury of looking past their bigger needs to see the strength/value of him at linebacker.

If teams want to give us Derwin so be it. We'll take him, Jimmy Smith, Marlon Humphrey, Tavon Young, and shut down all of their options in the passing game while crushing them with Suggs, Bowser, Williams, and Judon.

I’ve gotten my hopes up for too many players that were “my guys” over the years and Ray Rice is literally the only one that we’ve taken, that I can recall. I mean, I really liked Jimmy, but he wasn’t man crush level.

Bobby Wagner, gone. Kenny Britt, gone. Alston Jeffery, gone. Cameron Jordan, gone. Dion Jordan, whew. Brian Brohm, thanks Joe Flacco. Corey Davis, gone. Eric Berry, double gone. Saquon Barkley, likely gone.

So yeah, Derwin James is my #1 it player in this draft. So if we get him, I’m stoked. But I won’t expect it.

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Former exec Charley Casserly just mocked him 30 to the Vikings. Even if Derwin blows up the combine, I just think teams are thinking only one note and picturing him as an in the box safety. If he's BPA for us though, it's a no brainer to put him at Will with Tony Jefferson and Weddle locked in on the back end. The teams up above us don't have the luxury of looking past their bigger needs to see the strength/value of him at linebacker.

If teams want to give us Derwin so be it. We'll take him, Jimmy Smith, Marlon Humphrey, Tavon Young, and shut down all of their options in the passing game while crushing them with Suggs, Bowser, Williams, and Judon.

Sounds nice but Martindale is the DC so I have no hope. I mean just imagine a linebacker core with Derwin at Will, Mosley at Mike, and Bowser at Sam. I still somehow doubt Ol Wink could manage to lead the unit to success. 

Same. JJ Watt and Cyprien were probably my biggest, but obviously we never had a shot at JJ. lol Hey I was a Dion Jordan guy too and he did flash last year with the Seahawks. Last year was the first time though, that we did pick my guy. I discovered Marlon when I was watching some Reuben Foster cut ups and just knew he was a Raven. Getting him and Bowser was unbelievable, and then a real polarizing guy like Tim Williams in the 3rd made for a fun rewarding draft.

Realistically I don't think the Ravens would pass on Calvin Ridley for James but, short of DJ Moore testing out of his mind at the combine, I don't see them reaching for a WR at #16. If we can't get a trade down the highest rated players left off my best bet would be Derwin James, Da'Ron Payne, and maybe Guice. Now I really don't think the team has the gall to select Payne or any DI for that matter, unless they really believed Taven Bryan could become an Aaron Donald type guy. Guice might intrigue them but ultimately Derwin would be the BPA and is more suitable to our needs. How could they not see value in erasing our issues with TE coverage and upgrading that WILB and Money backer position? It wouldn't make sense for them to pass on him for someone else.

3 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Sounds nice but Martindale is the DC so I have no hope. I mean just imagine a linebacker core with Derwin at Will, Mosley at Mike, and Bowser at Sam. I still somehow doubt Ol Wink could manage to lead the unit to success. 

Oh I've imagined it many times, IRL, in Madden, everywhere. Martindale would have to be even more gifted than Pees to make that much talent underwhelm.

My only issue with Derwin James would be the idea that we wouldn’t even use him at lb... I mean it would make to much sense... on another note we could essentially switch to a 4-3 we already got MPierce and BWilliams... Suggs and Judon at ends... bowser strongside James weakside and Mosley in the middle... but to be honest I really think we draft O-Line in the first... I feel like that’s gonna have the biggest impact because we all Know flacco plays best with protection and to solidify the O Tackles for the foreseeable future is a good start in solidifying the line

1 hour ago, EastsideEZ said:

My only issue with Derwin James would be the idea that we wouldn’t even use him at lb... I mean it would make to much sense... on another note we could essentially switch to a 4-3 we already got MPierce and BWilliams... Suggs and Judon at ends... bowser strongside James weakside and Mosley in the middle... but to be honest I really think we draft O-Line in the first... I feel like that’s gonna have the biggest impact because we all Know flacco plays best with protection and to solidify the O Tackles for the foreseeable future is a good start in solidifying the line

Well at the very least he would step into the Dimebacker role carved out by Levine and Clark. Unless the team does a major shift away from Dime, there's already a cemented position for a talented 3rd safety, which Derwin would be. From that point I think it's just a matter of him proving to the team how much he could impact the run and pass in other packages as well, which wouldn't be very hard, especially when compared to Onwuasor.

Cinci will take the top tackle available which is looking like Orlando Brown, after that the only option would be Connor Williams but his stock is trending down. Center would be the other OL route and Billy Price/James Daniels have emerged in 1st round discussions but it would be a reach in the 1st when dealing with such a deep class at the position.

Archived