2018 draft talk

Danand

18 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’ve gotten my hopes up for too many players that were “my guys” over the years and Ray Rice is literally the only one that we’ve taken, that I can recall. I mean, I really liked Jimmy, but he wasn’t man crush level.

For me it was Arthur Brown, Antwan Barnes, and Clarence Moore 

lulz

Big big chance Arizona acquires a veteran QB, my guess is Cousins, and then picks Calvin Ridley right in front of us at 15. 

1. CLE- Sam Darnold QB USC
  2. NYG- Saquon Barkley HB Penn State
  3. Trade- DEN- Josh Rosen QB UCLA
  4. CLE- Minkah Fitzpatrick S/CB Alabama
  5. IND- Bradley Chubb DE NCSU
  6. NYJ- Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma
  7. TB- Marcus Davenport DE UTSA
  8. CHI- Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame
  9. SF- Denzel Ward CB Ohio State
  10. OAK- Roquan Smith LB
  11. MIA- Tremaine Edmunds LB
  12. CIN- Orlando Brown OT
  13. WAS- Vita Vea DT
  14. GB- Harold Landry OLB
  15. ARI- Calvin Ridley WR

Darnold, Rosen, Chubb, and Barkley are all locks to be gone. In some way it's conceivable for the others to fall but it would be stretching a great deal. Green Bay and Arizona are our danger zones for both Derwin James and Calvin Ridley obviously.

Green Bay is losing Morgan Burnett to FA and while they drafted Josh Jones SS in the 2nd last year, they run a lot of 3 safety hybrid looks and could look to Derwin James to fill that void. Pass Rush is a bigger need for them though and it's important that Harold Landry continues to cement his position as the third or second best EDGE in the class and also shows out at the combine. He's already a popular and natural mocked pick to them but if he blows up the combine, even better.

Some things to note-

1. It's important for Josh Allen to continue his rise and go in the top 15, it's just going to knock that one more player down for us. I think Baker is a lock for the top 15 along with Rosen and Darnold, it would be great if someone traded up for another.

2. The corners will rise, there's no way 0 CBs go in the first 15 picks. Expect to see Denzel Ward climb high through out the process. Josh Jackson running sub 4.5 would be astronomical for us, maybe squeezing him in to the top 15. 

5 hours ago, paraven said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916733/article/top-10-receivers-to-chase-among-free-agents-draft-prospects

This guy whoever matt harmon is, has DJ Moore as the 8th best WR to get in the offseason. (draft or FA). I think its safe to say Moore will be a first round pick come april. 

Harmon is pretty good at evaluating receivers. He's really high on Washington too.

3 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Interesting that Sutton isn't there. I really like what I've seen of Sutton.

Eh. Doesn't really separate, lack of COD explosion, poor catch rate for a possession receiver, inconsistent 50/50 ability (and that's where he'll have to win). I wouldn't be very excited if we picked him. 

I’ve never really been the biggest fan of Ian Thomas. He looks like one of those players that the Colts would add back in the day and Peyton Manning would make them look amazing, but then they would go to another team and not have the same kind of success.?

Hes definitely solid. But I don’t think solid options are the problem. I don’t think we have enough durable players... that are equally mismatch options. I’d rather sign a veteran TE and hope the TE class is improved next offseason.

17 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Hes definitely solid. But I don’t think solid options are the problem. I don’t think we have enough durable players... that are equally mismatch options. I’d rather sign a veteran TE and hope the TE class is improved next offseason.

I know, I'm just trying to get the forum excited about him because I feel he's a likely pick. His dream is to play for our team, but besides that his work ethic and just what he's overcome is sure to make our FO fall in love with him. He's also one of the younger guys in a class full of over aged prospects. If he's there in the 3rd or 4th I really think we'll pick him.

I wonder if they'll try to coax Watson out of retirement for one more year if they can't get another option for cheap?

I also wonder if there's an increased chance of ZDS being moved for a 3rd or 4th, now that we've lost out on that 3rd round comp, especially in a rich second-third day WR class.

Archived