2018 draft talk

Danand

I think we are in a prime position to trade back (again) this year. Going back would allow us to harness more picks to pick in that 3 round, where it seems a lot of prospects will fall to.

Edit: Where the value fits better

1 hour ago, Danand said:

I think we are in a prime position to trade back (again) this year. Going back would allow us to harness more picks to pick in that 3 round, where it seems a lot of prospects will fall to.

Edit: Where the value fits better

Picking right after the Cardinals could indeed be a big spot for trade calls if there's only one of the top 5 QBs left on the board. 

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

Picking right after the Cardinals could indeed be a big spot for trade calls if there's only one of the top 5 QBs left on the board. 

Yup. This is why I have it in my mock draft. I think we could be in a prime position where someone looks to move up from an early second or a late 1st round and get their QB. Depending on just how much they love that quarterback, we just might be able to secure a 2nd round pick out of it... if not,  at least secure an early 3rd round.. which is where all the action will truly take place.

4 hours ago, berlin calling said:

after extending Bortles for 2 years with a 3rd year team option, JAX seems intend to get a new guy at QB to develop. maybe they could be an option to trade back with if indeed 4 QBs have been taken by our pick. they do not have many holes on that team and could be willing to move picks.

Whoever slips of the 5 1. round QB options, Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen and Jackson, if Jaguars indeed want a QB, we sit in the perfect spot. If the 4 top guys are gone, Jaguars might have to jump Chargers, or they can wait and trade up ahead the Bills.

On 2/10/2018 at 5:31 AM, Mancunian Raven said:

I enjoy doing these mock drafts on Fanspeak

This is what I got today

R1P16 - Derwin James, S, FSU
R2P20 - DJ Moore, WR, Maryland
R3P19 - Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina
R4P18 - Frank Ragnow, C, Arkansas
R5P17 - Bo Scarborogh, RB, Alabama
R6P16 - Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky
R6P41 - Austin Corbett, OL, Nevada
R7P20 - Darren Carrington II, WR, Utah

4 skills players, 2 OL a developmental QB and Derwin James.  I'd be pretty damn happy if the actual draft shook out like this. 

38 minutes ago, drd23 said:

This is what I got today

R1P16 - Derwin James, S, FSU
R2P20 - DJ Moore, WR, Maryland
R3P19 - Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina
R4P18 - Frank Ragnow, C, Arkansas
R5P17 - Bo Scarborogh, RB, Alabama
R6P16 - Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky
R6P41 - Austin Corbett, OL, Nevada
R7P20 - Darren Carrington II, WR, Utah

4 skills players, 2 OL a developmental QB and Derwin James.  I'd be pretty damn happy if the actual draft shook out like this. 

This is probably the best mock I’ve seen. James, Moore, Hurst, and Ragnow are 4 of my very favorite players in the draft. I think each are the best player at their position in the draft.

Scarborogh is definitely a good big body compliment to what we have as well, so that would definitely work.

after watching everybody on tape if we are going to take a flier on a guy at wr at 16... I think it’s obvious that Courtland Sutton has the most potential of everybody at the position in the draft... Ridley is a more proven polished commodity and no doubt should and will be the first receiver taken... But potential ceiling wise if Sutton runs in the 4.5s at 6’4 220+ And is there at #16 I don’t see us passing up on him for any receiver Other Ridley... He reminds me a lot of a young Brandon Marshall... But to be real with u I think we are going to draft a Olineman in the first lol

This might be the best mock I've ever seen for one of our drafts-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000917695/article/fourround-mock-draft-allen-goes-no-1-bills-cardinals-trade-up

16. Ravens: Orlando Brown, RT, Oklahoma (We passed on Derwin James)

52. Ravens: Uchenna Nwosu, EDGE, USC (We passed on DJ Moore)

83. Ravens: Rasheem Green, DE, USC (We passed on every TE left with only Hurst, Goedert, and Gesicki gone. Also countless receivers.)

118. Ravens: Antonio Callaway, WR, Florida (Maybe the draft's biggest headcase. Guaranteed to not be on 85-90% of the league's draft boards, Dallas or Cinci bound.)

You can't arrest the guy for giving us Brown, RT is a needed upgrade, but over James it is highly questionable. The rest speak for themselves. Also Green is a likely 1st round pick, so this guy is even more off his rocker. 

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000917695/article/fourround-mock-draft-allen-goes-no-1-bills-cardinals-trade-up

83. Ravens: Rasheem Green, DE, USC (We passed on every TE left with only Hurst, Goedert, and Gesicki gone. Also countless receivers.)

118. Ravens: Antonio Callaway, WR, Florida (Maybe the draft's biggest headcase. Guaranteed to not be on 85-90% of the league's draft boards, Dallas or Cinci bound.)

You can't arrest the guy for giving us Brown, RT is a needed upgrade, but over James it is highly questionable. The rest speak for themselves. Also Green is a likely 1st round pick, so this guy is even more off his rocker. 

if they passed on moore for another olb in the 2nd round, id have to take a break from this team

30 minutes ago, paraven said:

if they passed on moore for another olb in the 2nd round, id have to take a break from this team

Yeah, not a fan of that mock at all. It also just goes to show how out of touch these “analysts” are. Our owner comes out and says we’re going to have an offensive draft and we decide to completely pass on talented offensive pieces for more defensive ones. It’s “analysts” like these that I never pay attention to.. because clearly they aren’t good at their job and thus being so out of touch for our team means they’re probably just as out of touch with other ones. A mock like that proves their full incompetence at their job.

Edit: they’re probably there simply to shake the pot.

23 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Yeah gonna have to agree with @paraven here that if we pass on a WR (a Maryland WR, nonetheless!) for a freaking edge rusher I'm going to lose it. Not only that, but waiting to take a WR until pick 118 while we take 2 defensive players first would cause a massive uproar.

Just a destination exercise. Edit: Oops F'n forgot Quenton Nelson.

1. Cleveland Browns Sam Darnold QB    
2. New York Giants Saquon Barkley HB    
3. Trade f:Ind- Denver Broncos Josh Rosen QB    
4. Trade f:Cle- New York Jets Baker Mayfield QB    
5. Indianapolis Colts Bradley Chubb DE    
6. Cleveland Browns Minkah Fitzpatrick S/CB    
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Marcus Davenport DE    
8. Trade f:Chi- Buffalo Bills Josh Allen QB    
9. San Francisco 49ers Denzel Ward CB    
10. Oakland Raiders Roquan Smith LB    
11. Cincinnati Bengals Lamar Jackson QB    
12. Miami Dolphins Tremaine Edmunds LB