2018 draft talk

Danand

"There has been talk some teams want Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson to work out as a wide receiver. The Ravens are not one of those teams. "I don't know what the other teams think about him. But, on our board, he's a quarterback," Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said."

Get him. 

3 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I’m with you on Lamar Jackson. Don’t think he’s as good as Watson. But when I just simplify it and think Michael Vick with even just average accuracy and no character problems, that’s freakin terrifying. Then consider how awesome Vick looked with Morhninweg. If Flacco looks good next year, awesome. We wait. If he doesn’t, well then the obvious happens 

Unless someone like Roquan Smith slips this is where I’m leaning. But I don’t think Jackson falls to us so probably won’t matter 

Watson had better college coaching and was surrounded by more talent... I think Lamar Jackson at Clemson would have been the first back to back Heisman trophy winner of this era and would have won back to back titles as well... Louisville has zero first day talent outside of Jackson and that why they struggled to win.... Jackson had game with 500 yards and 4 tds they still loss smh... 

If the draft drops like this who do we pick? No trade down is available. 

1. Cleveland Browns- Sam Darnold QB USC

2. New York Giants- Saquon Barkely HB Penn State

3. Trade- Denver Broncos- Josh Rosen QB UCLA

4. Trade- New York Jets- Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma

5. Indianapolis Colts- Bradley Chubb DE NCSU

6. Cleveland Browns- Minkah Fitzpatrick CB/S Alabama

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Marcus Davenport DE UTSA

8. Chicago Bears- Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame

9. San Fransisco 49ers- Denzel Ward CB Ohio State

10. Oakland Raiders- Roquan Smith LB Georgia

11. Miami Dolphins- Tremaine Edmunds LB Virginia Tech

12. Cincinnati Bengals- Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma 

13. Washington Redskins- Vita Vea NT Washington

14. Arizona Cardinals- Calvin Ridley WR Alabama *They win the Kirk Cousin sweepstakes

15. Green Bay Packers- Derwin James LB/S Florida State

16. Baltimore Ravens- ?

Is it smart to just take our guy at WR(DJ Moore) to secure him?  Do we take the highest rated player left even if it's a QB (Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson)? Do we big reach for a center like Dallas did with Travis years ago? Do we take the best offensive play maker available even if it isn't the biggest need (Guice?, Jones?). My gut tells me we go WR.

If there is a viable franchise QB prospect on the board, the only two options are to take him or trade the the pick. Especially if there is no truly elite pass rusher/LT/CB/WR like there won't be at pick 16. It's just misuse of your currency not to. 

This offseason a promising 23 year old cornerback with 2 cheap rookie deal years left AND a 3rd round pick where traded for Alex Smith (who'll be 34 before the season) and needed to be given a 23.5M per year deal. You have to frame player ratings from that viewpoint.

Other than QBs,, I haven't found a guy who could fall to 16 that I'd be super thrilled about. There are a bunch of offensive playmakers I like, but I'd rather trade down and double/triple dip because no one (including Ridley) really separates from the bunch. 

I think Guice is one of the best bets in the draft to be a pro bowler. But again, it's about where we can get him. 

Archived