Kirk Cousins and what does he give us?

mar29020

11 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I thought we had interest? Or some what .

Not that I'm aware of. Even Cerrato has said they never had interest in Rodgers. Campbell probably would've been good had Gibbs never forced Al Saunders on everybody. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2018 at 4:33 PM, lavar703 said:

Not that I'm aware of. Even Cerrato has said they never had interest in Rodgers. Campbell probably would've been good had Gibbs never forced Al Saunders on everybody. 

Didn’t Gibbs feel forced to add an offensive coordinator like Al Saunders because everyone claimed his offense was outdated and not working? Remember Gibbs wouldn’t even use the shot gun because in the 80s they had too many fumbles and bad snaps with it. 

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Didn’t Gibbs feel forced to add an offensive coordinator like Al Saunders because everyone claimed his offense was outdated and not working? Remember Gibbs wouldn’t even use the shot gun because in the 80s they had too many fumbles and bad snaps with it. 

His offense was fine. The issue was his insistence on Brunell starting who was clearly done as a starter. 

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don't think he was forced to do anything.  I think he was getting older, was tired of micromanaging everything and was looking a way to lighten his workload.  

23 hours ago, lavar703 said:

His offense was fine. The issue was his insistence on Brunell starting who was clearly done as a starter. 

I don’t disagree that Gibbs’ offense wasn’t outdated, that it was working fine and trading for Brunell was a major mistake, waste of money and a waste of a 3rd round draft choice but the narrative back in 2005 was that we needed to hire an offensive coordinator and run a different offense because Gibbs’ 1980 offense wasn’t working. I didn’t agree with that narrative at the time and still don’t 13 years later.

On 1/1/2018 at 4:18 PM, Dashing202 said:

Why do people keep saying he gets better than better. You think he was better than 2015 and 2016 ?.

Yes, Kirk has gotten better every year, it’s not even debatable. We played much tougher schedules and better defenses in 2016 & 2017 than we did in 2015 and the division and the defenses in the division were better in 2016 & 17 than they were in 2015 when they were all pretty awful.

Don’t you remember the 2015 narrative about our division championship? It was that the division was horrible so it wasn’t a big deal that we won the division. It was a way for the Kirk haters to diminish his strong play and to try to create a narrative that he didn’t deserve a contract that payed him $18 to 20 million a year on average with $40 to 50 million in guarantees. Boy how dumb were those people! Now we’re looking at having to pay Kirk twice as much in guarantees and a deal that averages near $30 million a year if we want to keep him.

Not re-signing Kirk to a long term deal that was similar to the one I just wrote Is amongst the dumbest decisions this franchise has ever made and I think it’s actually the dumbest, even dumber than Haynesworth! 

We could have had Kirk on a $12 to 15 million cap hit in 2016, $15 to 18 million cap hit in 2017 and around $20 million or just above in 2018.

Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen are two idiots in a pea pod! 

On 1/11/2018 at 10:17 PM, turtle28 said:

Yes, Kirk has gotten better every year, it’s not even debatable. We played much tougher schedules and better defenses in 2016 & 2017 than we did in 2015 and the division and the defenses in the division were better in 2016 & 17 than they were in 2015 when they were all pretty awful.

Don’t you remember the 2015 narrative about our division championship? It was that the division was horrible so it wasn’t a big deal that we won the division. It was a way for the Kirk haters to diminish his strong play and to try to create a narrative that he didn’t deserve a contract that payed him $18 to 20 million a year on average with $40 to 50 million in guarantees. Boy how dumb were those people! Now we’re looking at having to pay Kirk twice as much in guarantees and a deal that averages near $30 million a year if we want to keep him.

Not re-signing Kirk to a long term deal that was similar to the one I just wrote Is amongst the decisions this franchise has ever made and I think it’s actually the dumbest, even dumber than Haynesworth! We could have had Kirk on a $14 or 15 million cap hit in 2016, $18 million cap hit in 2017 and $20 million in 2018.

Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen are two idiots in a pea pod! 

Dude he wasn't anywhere near as good as the last two years . If that was the case we would of made the playoffs . His performance on the field does not translate to his stats . He fed some stats when the game was out of reach .

he was okay this year ..2016he did way better imo and 2015 was cery good .

Let's stop overrating Kirk cousins with stats . He did okay and he is not worth the contract he wants . I'd be super pissed of it effects a lot of our cap .

focus on depth this season and just find a qb later .

7 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Dude he wasn't anywhere near as good as the last two years . If that was the case we would of made the playoffs . His performance on the field does not translate to his stats . He fed some stats when the game was out of reach .

he was okay this year ..2016he did way better imo and 2015 was cery good .

Let's stop overrating Kirk cousins with stats . He did okay and he is not worth the contract he wants . I'd be super pissed of it effects a lot of our cap .

focus on depth this season and just find a qb later .

Kirk was better in 2017 considering we played one of the toughest schedules in the nfl, we played better defenses, we lost two 1,000 yard receivers and we had 7 starters go down on offense - a battered and bruised OL all season - and he didn’t have Reed healthy all year and Djax and Garçon we’re gone.

Despite all that Kirk still competed the same % of passes, about the same avg per pass, threw for 4,000 yards and threw for 2 more TDs that he did in 2016 despite his WRs and TEs dropping a handful.

If there was no salary cap or if we have actually overpaid to keep Djax & Garçon in March; Reed didn’t have a broken toe before  the season started and hadn’t pulled his hamstring mid way through the season and Thompson hadn’t broken his leg, there’s no doubt in my mind that Cousins would have thrown for:

5,000 yards, 35 TDs and less than 10 ints in 2017.

Cousins was better as a player himself in 2017 but the pieces around him were worse and the OL battled injuries every single game which did not happen in 2016 when the OL played in every single game and the entire offense stayed healthy the whole year except the last month when Reed has hurt his shoulder. If Reed hadn’t hurt his shoulder, I bet we would have made the playoffs in 2016 and may have made them in 2017 too.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Kirk was better in 2017 considering we played one of the toughest schedules in the nfl, we played better defenses, we lost two 1,000 yard receivers and we had 7 starters go down on offense - a battered and bruised OL all season - and he didn’t have Reed healthy all year and Djax and Garçon we’re gone.

Despite all that Kirk still competed the same % of passes, about the same avg per pass, threw for 4,000 yards and threw for 2 more TDs that he did in 2016 despite his WRs and TEs dropping a handful.

If there was no salary cap or if we have actually overpaid to keep Djax & Garçon in March; Reed didn’t have a broken toe before  the season started and hadn’t pulled his hamstring mid way through the season and Thompson hadn’t broken his leg, there’s no doubt in my mind that Cousins would have thrown for:

5,000 yards, 35 TDs and less than 10 ints in 2017.

Cousins was better as a player himself in 2017 but the pieces around him were worse and the OL battled injuries every single game which did not happen in 2016 when the OL played in every single game and the entire offense stayed healthy the whole year except the last month when Reed has hurt his shoulder. If Reed hadn’t hurt his shoulder, I bet we would have made the playoffs in 2016 and may have made them in 2017 too.

Ok dude you and everyone wins .

kirk cousins was elite and 2017 was his best year . 

29 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I'll say this, he's better than the completely overrated Matt Ryan. Hes Andy Dalton with a better roster. 

Kirk is better than Dalton too. Could you imagine if Kirk’s #1 wr was Jones or Green and if he had Atlanta’s running game?

We would’ve been a playoff team even with a bad defense the last 2 years.

54 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Kirk is better than Dalton too. Could you imagine if Kirk’s #1 wr was Jones or Green and if he had Atlanta’s running game?

We would’ve been a playoff team even with a bad defense the last 2 years.

Right because Kirk cousins never had weapons . He never had a top TE or a top speedy WR or a top Poession WR. His OL had no provowlers and he's never had a top slot WR.

Archived