Kirk Cousins and what does he give us?

mar29020

3 hours ago, mar29020 said:

is kirk better then foles? foles won a playoff game. TEAM MATTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's follow what they and the Vikings and jags did . They stacked up the D . Thankfully eagles lose next week against the Vikings .

Just now, Dashing202 said:

Let's follow what they and the Vikings and jags did . They stacked up the D . Thankfully eagles lose next week against the Vikings .

You mean draft a bunch of defensive players? Yeah, we can do that and re-sign Kirk long term.

38 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

do u remember the 20 years before kirk? JEEZ WHAT IS IT WITH REDSKIN FANS!!!!!!!!

lol we won the SBs with guys who weren't elite . Joe theisman was okay but we won because everything minus the kicker where very good .

good RB/Great OL/ Great D/ and a good WR core.

i use to ignore those times and keep saying franchise qb . But dude the Jaguars are beating the steelers lol and Bortles barley has 100yards .

we need to invest what Kirk money will be and spend money for this year and next year . Build it up and we can be dominate . That's not even counting the fact of how our rookie qb can be .

13 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

lol we won the SBs with guys who weren't elite . Joe theisman was okay but we won because everything minus the kicker where very good .

good RB/Great OL/ Great D/ and a good WR core.

i use to ignore those times and keep saying franchise qb . But dude the Jaguars are beating the steelers lol and Bortles barley has 100yards .

we need to invest what Kirk money will be and spend money for this year and next year . Build it up and we can be dominate . That's not even counting the fact of how our rookie qb can be .

Different era, no salary cap. We haven’t won a super bowl since the salary cap started in 1993 and we barely have made the playoffs we’ve actually traded away and are about to let our 2nd franchise qb walk in that time frame. 

Humphries should have been our starting qb from 94-97 and then Ferrote & Green could have battled for the starting job in 98. Since it was Green who played better after Ferrote got hurt, we would have re-signed him if Jack Kent Cooke had given the team to his family and not the foundation so John Kent Cooke and the other kids would be the owners. 

Trent Green would have been our starting qb from 98 through 2007 and then we would have went a qb carousel until we found Cousins was the answer.

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Different era, no salary cap. We haven’t won a super bowl since the salary cap started in 1993 and we barely have made the playoffs we’ve actually traded away and are about to let our 2nd franchise qb walk in that time frame. 

Humphries should have been our starting qb from 94-97 and then Ferrote & Green could have battled for the starting job in 98. Since it was Green who played better after Ferrote got hurt, we would have re-signed him if Jack Kent Cooke had given the team to his family and not the foundation so John Kent Cooke and the other kids would be the owners. 

Trent Green would have been our starting qb from 98 through 2007 and then we would have went a qb carousel until we found Cousins was the answer.

Dude history repeating it self . The patriots are the only ones with a proven qb . I wouldn't be surprised if the Jags win they can overwhelm them .

Yes Trent green could of been our guy . And turtle will see what happens with Kirk . I see three guys in this draft with more upside . Allen - Mayfield - Jackson and if coached right can be special. It might take time but mean time we can develop on other needs .

19 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

By the way there winning Games with like cheap qbs . We should do the same to 

Cheap Qbs that perform well? We have had that since... well Kirk Cousins in 2015... which is exactly why we should keep him. When you have a franchise qb you shouldn’t not re-sign him and go searching  for another one. That’s stupid.

9 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Dude history repeating it self . The patriots are the only ones with a proven qb . I wouldn't be surprised if the Jags win they can overwhelm them .

Yes Trent green could of been our guy . And turtle will see what happens with Kirk . I see three guys in this draft with more upside . Allen - Mayfield - Jackson and if coached right can be special. It might take time but mean time we can develop on other needs .

History doesn’t repeat itself in this case. The salary cap isn’t going away. 

So all these teams luck boxed their way into winning without a proven Qbs and you think that’s going to happen again? Not likely. Next year Case Keenum is going to get either franchise tagged for $20 million or paid like a franchise qb and have over a $15 cap hit. He’s going to cost as much as Kirk next year or more after this season. If Blake Bortles keeps leading a team that goes on deep playoff runs eventually he’ll get overpaid like Joe flacco did.

Foles is only in the playoffs because he took over for Wentz who already had the Eagles in the playoffs before Foles ever started a game.

Allen is an enigma, it could be years until he develops if he ever does. Mayfield and Jackson are huge question marks given that they don’t play much from the pocket and make most of their plays off Schedule.

If we draft a qb for Gruden’s offense it should be a pure pocket passer. I’d take Mason Rudolph over Manziel... I mean Mayfield! Lol ? 

Bottom line is we have a qb right now who is a borderline franchise qb, that has earned to get paid one like the market bares and will be considered top 5 or just below when Brady, Ben, Brees, Rivers and Eli all retire in the next few years.

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

History doesn’t repeat itself in this case. The salary cap isn’t going away. 

So all these teams luck boxed their way into winning without a proven Qbs and you think that’s going to happen again? Not likely. Next year Case Keenum is going to get either franchise tagged for $20 million or paid like a franchise qb and have over a $15 cap hit. He’s going to cost as much as Kirk next year or more after this season. If Blake Bortles keeps leading a team that goes on deep playoff runs eventually he’ll get overpaid like Joe flacco did.

Foles is only in the playoffs because he took over for Wentz who already had the Eagles in the playoffs before Foles ever started a game.

Allen is an enigma, it could be years until he develops if he ever does. Mayfield and Jackson are huge question marks given that they don’t play much from the pocket and make most of their plays off Schedule.

If we draft a qb for Gruden’s offense it should be a pure pocket passer. I’d take Mason Rudolph over Manziel... I mean Mayfield! Lol ? 

Bottom line is we have a qb right now who is a borderline franchise qb, that has earned to get paid one like the market bares and will be considered top 5 or just below when Brady, Ben, Brees, Rivers and Eli all retire in the next few years.

Mayfield does throw in the pocket . Come on turtle don't hate on the man cause of the offield incident . Rudolph isn't more talented than Mayfield .

mccaron I rather have if that's the case . 

Lol at Kirk being considered top 5 . You guys need to stop getting desperate let's stop acting like Cousins is a god . If he was an eagles I promise you they wouldn't even have considered him so much as a franchise qb . Compared to having mcnabb Vick and wentz , he be just a more of the better qbs they've had . We are acting likes he's a god .

stop it we do this all the time with every qb .

24 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Mayfield does throw in the pocket . Come on turtle don't hate on the man cause of the offield incident . Rudolph isn't more talented than Mayfield .

mccaron I rather have if that's the case . 

Sure he does some, all QBs do some but he’s more an off schedule qb than on it and usually that doesn’t work in the NFL.

Archived